Detailed Ancestor Report

Stefan Björk
I have two small suggestions to the Detailed Ancestor Report (and the
Detailed Descendant Report - I guess they share pretty much the same
output routines).

1. The callname should be handled in some way. The nickname should no
longer replace the full name.

2. The default indent for DAR-Endnotes is too small.

Stefan

Re: Detailed Ancestor Report

Stefan Björk-2
> 1. The callname should be handled in some way. The nickname should no
> longer replace the full name.
>
> 2. The default indent for DAR-Endnotes is too small.

3. With global events, there should be some selection criteria which
events are included. Currently, if a person have wittnessed a number of
marriages and baptisms, it looks as if the person have not done much
else than marrying people and getting baptized... :-)

Stefan

Re: Detailed Ancestor Report

Brian Matherly
Stefan,

>2. The default indent for DAR-Endnotes is too small.

That's one of the beautiful things about the report system. You can define your own styles. When you want to create a Detailed Ancestor Report, In th report dialog, click on the "Style Editor" button. Select "default" or create your own with a new name. Then, select the "DAR-Endnotes" paragraph style, select the Paragraph tab and change the indent to whatever you want.

~Brian

Re: Detailed Ancestor Report

Stefan Björk
Brian,

> >2. The default indent for DAR-Endnotes is too small.
>
> You can define your own styles.

I know. I just thought that you wanted to use that possitbility to
change the layout of reports - not for fixing bugs. The tiny indent
makes the endnote list jump to the next tab stop when the number reaches
10. Sorry if I was not clear enough on this point - I would not bother
you if it was only a matter of taste.

Stefan