Dictionary, 'Ignore All' not working.

Phylis Sophical
Right clicking on 'Ignore All', the red underline disappears while
Gramps is running. But if I shut Gramps down, then re-open it, the red
lines are back. This is mainly for web links I put in notes, but same
happens for names. Any ideas on how to make 'ignore all' stick?
Win 10 / Gramps v. 4.2.5 (I know, upgrade time)

Gramps AIO64-4.2.5-1
Windows 10

Re: Dictionary, 'Ignore All' not working.

Ron Johnson
On 2/6/19 12:55 PM, PhylisSophical wrote:
> Right clicking on 'Ignore All', the red underline disappears while Gramps
> is running. But if I shut Gramps down, then re-open it, the red lines are
> back. This is mainly for web links I put in notes, but same happens for
> names. Any ideas on how to make 'ignore all' stick?
> Win 10 / Gramps v. 4.2.5 (I know, upgrade time)

That's standard on every program, I think.

Re: Dictionary, 'Ignore All' not working.

Brad Rogers
On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 10:55:14 -0800
PhylisSophical <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello PhylisSophical,

>happens for names. Any ideas on how to make 'ignore all' stick?

As Ron said, strictly speaking, you don't.  What you do instead is -
"Add to dictionary".

--
 Regards  _
It's only the children of the f****** wealthy tend to be good looking

Re: Dictionary, 'Ignore All' not working.

Dave Scheipers
There is a bag filed for saving words in spellcheck

So far the bug is specific to windows versions. Not sure is the same
applies to linux or mac versions.

Dave

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 2:35 PM Brad Rogers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 10:55:14 -0800
> PhylisSophical <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello PhylisSophical,
>
> >happens for names. Any ideas on how to make 'ignore all' stick?
>
> As Ron said, strictly speaking, you don't.  What you do instead is -
> "Add to dictionary".
>
> --
>  Regards  _
>          / )           "The blindingly obvious is
>         / _)rad        never immediately apparent"
> It's only the children of the f****** wealthy tend to be good looking
> Ugly - The Stranglers

Re: Dictionary, 'Ignore All' not working.

Phylis Sophical
I did do 'add to dictionary' and that worked. But it sure puts a lot of
none-word things in GB.dic.

So what is the purpose of 'Ignore All'? Seems rather useless if it only
lasts per sessions.

-----
Gramps AIO64-4.2.5-1
Windows 10

Gramps AIO64-4.2.5-1
Windows 10

On 2/6/19 2:33 PM, Phylis Sophical wrote:
I did do 'add to dictionary' and that worked. But it sure puts a lot of
none-word things in GB.dic.

In your own private en_GB.dic.

So what is the purpose of 'Ignore All'? Seems rather useless if it only
lasts per sessions.

You'd need an en_GB_Ignore.dic file.  That's certainly doable, but you'd have to convince the Gtk programmers to implement it.

Re: Dictionary, 'Ignore All' not working.

Brad Rogers
On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 14:33:56 -0600 (CST)
Phylis Sophical <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Phylis,

>sure puts a lot of none-word things in GB.dic.

Not a problem, IMO.  However, since it's only text, you can clear stuff
out if you change your mind.

>So what is the purpose of 'Ignore All'? Seems rather useless if it only
>lasts per sessions.

Self evident, I'd have thought;  Clears false positives for current
session only.

--
 Regards  _
If you ain't sticking your knives in me, you will be eventually

Re: Dictionary, 'Ignore All' not working.

Phylis Sophical
This post was updated on .
Okay Brad, got it. I was thinking in the wrong terms. I did a test in my
LibreOffice word processor and the same thing happens. Red line re-appears
once closed, then re-opened. Still don't really understand why one would
bother ignoring just for one session.

You got it right in your quote: "The blindingly obvious is  never immediately apparent"

-----
Gramps AIO64-4.2.5-1
Windows 10

Gramps AIO64-4.2.5-1
Windows 10

Re: Dictionary, 'Ignore All' not working.

GRAMPS - User mailing list

Hi Phylis

If I am working on a long document over many days will sometimes do this
for clarity and then do all formatting spelling and typo checking at end.

Regards
Phil
MLFHS 12583
Dumfries