Different font sizes in resulting 'Complete Individual Reports' eventhough fonts are set the same in Gramps.

Different font sizes in resulting 'Complete Individual Reports' eventhough fonts are set the same in Gramps.

John W. Kitz-3

Hi,

I have two individuals for which I have entered a 'to do' note, both notes are formatted in the same font and font size (Calibri and 10 respectively), however when I run the 'Complete Individual Report' for both individuals the font of the notes in both reports appears to be the same (Calibri for both) but the size of the font in both reports differs (one is printed in a smaller size presumably 10, than the other which I presume to have been printed in font size 12).

I ran the reports with the output format set to both pdf and OpenDocument Text and the issue is the same for both. I haven't tried any of the other output formats. I had a quick look at indivcomplete.py to see if there was anything obvious that jumped at me, but alas!

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this minor issue and how to resolve it appreciated.

Regards, Jk.

Re: Different font sizes in resulting 'Complete Individual Reports' eventhough fonts are set the same in Gramps.

John W. Kitz-3
Ron,

On 2017-02-18 23:24, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 02/18/2017 04:06 PM, John W. Kitz wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have two individuals for which I have entered a 'to do' note, both
>> notes are formatted in the same font and font size (Calibri and 10
>> respectively), however when I run the 'Complete Individual Report'
>> for both individuals the font of the notes in both reports appears
>> to be the same (Calibri for both) but the size of the font in both
>> reports differs (one is printed in a smaller size presumably 10,
>> than the other which I presume to have been printed in font size
>> 12).
>>
>> I ran the reports with the output format set to both pdf and
>> OpenDocument Text and the issue is the same for both. I haven't
>> tried any of the other output formats. I had a quick look at
>> indivcomplete.py to see if there was anything obvious that jumped at
>> me, but alas!
>>
>> Any suggestions as to what might be causing this minor issue and how
>> to resolve it appreciated.
>
> Did you create a new Document Style for the CIR?

Nope, I was just figuring out how citations and notes appeared in the
CIR, so I used all defaults to make sure there wasn't anything else that
might affect the layout. I would imagine it's caused by what I entered
in or the formatting of the note, since I couldn't think of any reason
why one report would be generated different from the other. But I can't
find any differences in the text or the formatting, so...

Jk.

Re: Different font sizes in resulting 'Complete Individual Reports' eventhough fonts are set the same in Gramps.

John W. Kitz-3
Ron (and others),

On 2017-02-19 12:21, John W. Kitz wrote:

> Ron,
>
> On 2017-02-18 23:24, Ron Johnson wrote:
>
>> On 02/18/2017 04:06 PM, John W. Kitz wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have two individuals for which I have entered a 'to do' note, both
>>> notes are formatted in the same font and font size (Calibri and 10
>>> respectively), however when I run the 'Complete Individual Report'
>>> for both individuals the font of the notes in both reports appears
>>> to be the same (Calibri for both) but the size of the font in both
>>> reports differs (one is printed in a smaller size presumably 10,
>>> than the other which I presume to have been printed in font size
>>> 12).
>>>
>>> I ran the reports with the output format set to both pdf and
>>> OpenDocument Text and the issue is the same for both. I haven't
>>> tried any of the other output formats. I had a quick look at
>>> indivcomplete.py to see if there was anything obvious that jumped at
>>> me, but alas!
>>>
>>> Any suggestions as to what might be causing this minor issue and how
>>> to resolve it appreciated.
>>
>> Did you create a new Document Style for the CIR?
>>
> Nope, I was just figuring out how citations and notes appeared in the
> CIR, so I used all defaults to make sure there wasn't anything else
> that might affect the layout. I would imagine it's caused by what I
> entered in or the formatting of the note, since I couldn't think of
> any reason why one report would be generated different from the other.
> But I can't find any differences in the text or the formatting, so...
>
> Jk.

I don't know if it is relevant to the issue, but please note that
whether or not the 'Preformatted' option on the note is ticked or not
doesn't make any difference.

Jk.