Divorce -

Bob Goodwin-2
I'm having trouble entering a divorce, all I have found so far is unmarried and that seems inappropriate?

F0007 needs to show a divorce, Grand daughter I0005 is remarried and has one child with each marriage.

Dunno why I'm having so much trouble doing what would seem to be a simple task, sorry.

Bob
--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-20/64bit Linux/XFCE

Re: Divorce -

Ron Johnson
You're looking in the wrong place.  Divorce is a Family Event.

On 10/05/2014 02:44 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
I'm having trouble entering a divorce, all I have found so far is unmarried and that seems inappropriate?

F0007 needs to show a divorce, Grand daughter I0005 is remarried and has one child with each marriage.

Dunno why I'm having so much trouble doing what would seem to be a simple task, sorry.

Bob

--
My word, man!  Don't you know your quantum statistics?

Re: Divorce -

Bob Goodwin-2

On 10/05/14 04:18, Ron Johnson wrote:
You're looking in the wrong place.  Divorce is a Family Event.

Yes, that worked for me this time, I'm at a loss to explain why not earlier. That one family is what I've been having trouble fixing.

I'll "get it" before long. Thanks for your patience,

Bob
--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-20/64bit Linux/XFCE

Re: Divorce -

Adam Stein-3
Divorce is a family event not a type like unmarried.  On the family page where it shows father/mother (or partner1/partner2),  the children tab, and the Type pulldown menu (where Unmarried is), there is an Events tab.  Within the Events tab, you can add the divorce event (like you could add a marriage event).

On Sun, 2014-10-05 at 03:44 -0400, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
I'm having trouble entering a divorce, all I have found so far is unmarried and that seems inappropriate?

F0007 needs to show a divorce, Grand daughter I0005 is remarried and has one child with each marriage.

Dunno why I'm having so much trouble doing what would seem to be a simple task, sorry.

Bob
--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-20/64bit Linux/XFCE

Adam ([hidden email])

Re: Divorce -

Bob Goodwin-2

On 10/05/14 15:56, Adam Stein wrote:
> Divorce is a family event not a type like unmarried.  On the family
> page where it shows father/mother (or partner1/partner2), the children
> tab, and the Type pulldown menu (where Unmarried is), there is an
> Events tab.  Within the Events tab, you can add the divorce event
> (like you could add a marriage event).

Yes, that was easy enough once you've done it. I wont miss that next time.

Now I find that I have two different versions of Gramps, 4.0.3-1 on this
computer and 4.1.0-1 and they don't want to share files! This computer
runs Fedora-20, the other 21alpha and yum provides different versions
for them. When I tried to copy the files from the 4.1.0 version to the
4.0.3 it refused. Until then I didn't know they were different. I had to
export them as ".ged" files. That works going either way without protest ...

Thank you,

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-20/64bit Linux/XFCE

NdK

Re: Divorce -

NdK
Il 05/10/2014 22:49, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA ha scritto:

> Now I find that I have two different versions of Gramps, 4.0.3-1 on this
> computer and 4.1.0-1 and they don't want to share files! This computer
> runs Fedora-20, the other 21alpha and yum provides different versions
> for them. When I tried to copy the files from the 4.1.0 version to the
> 4.0.3 it refused. Until then I didn't know they were different. I had to
> export them as ".ged" files. That works going either way without protest ...
Remember that ged export is lossy: if you are using some advanced
features, you lose data because it can't be represented in ged...

BYtE,
 Diego.