Django export error

sturdy
Hi,

I started looking at gramps-connect and installed the Django import/export utility. However, the format choices available for export do not show Django. A check of the Plugin Manager, Loaded Plugins, shows "Fail, ExportDjango.py, Visible, No module named webapp.settings".

Running Gramps CLI produces something similar:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/gramps/gen/plug/_manager.py", line 219, in load_plugin
    _module = self.import_plugin(pdata)
  File "/usr/share/gramps/gen/plug/_manager.py", line 251, in import_plugin
    module = __import__(pdata.mod_name)
  File "/home/sturdy/.gramps/gramps34/plugins/Django/ExportDjango.py", line 60, in <module>
    import webapp.settings as default_settings
ImportError: No module named webapp.settings
None

Is this a bug or am I missing a component or something?

Best,
Sturdy

Re: Django export error

Hivernat Emmanuel
Hi,

I'm on ubuntu 14.04 gramps 4.1.0-1 and I have exactly the same problem.
no module named Webapp.settings

probably bug?

Regards
Manu

Le 27/08/2014 18:04, [hidden email] a écrit :
[...]

DS Blank
Currently, you have to download gramps's sources to use the webapp (it doesn't ship with a regular packaging of gramps).

If you download the sources, then you'll have webapp.settings file, and the rest needed. But not sure what the current status of the code is... you might run into other issues, as gramps-connect hasn't made it beyond development.

I hope to bring it back up to at least working order this fall, but looking for development help. Hope that helps,

-Doug