Do yo know how to change the language?

Adriaan du Toit
Hi All
Maybe you can tell me how to change the language from Dutch to UK English.

I have the Dutch version up and running but can not seem to find the function to change the language.

Do you know how?  Please be very detailed because I am not a compu guru at all.

Kind regards

Adriaan

PS: Message from Don. I dont know how to do this.

Gramps should adopt the default language of your system, typically selected at the time you log in. If you want to override that, you would need to set the LANG environment variable.  From a terminal window, you can do:

  $ LANG=en.gb.utf-8 gramps

Re: Do yo know how to change the language?

Johnny-2
Adriaan du Toit <[hidden email]> writes:

>     Maybe you can tell me how to change the language from Dutch to UK English.
>
>     I have the Dutch version up and running but can not seem to find the
>     function to change the language.
>
>     Do you know how?  Please be very detailed because I am not a compu guru at
>     all.
>
> PS: Message from Don. I dont know how to do this.
>
> Gramps should adopt the default language of your system, typically selected at
> the time you log in. If you want to override that, you would need to set the
> LANG environment variable.  From a terminal window, you can do:
>
>   $ LANG=en.gb.utf-8 gramps

You can also have a look at:
http://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Howto:Change_the_language_of_reports

which discusses how to deal with multiple languages.

--
Johnny