Does the Import/Export tool have scriptable options?

Does the Import/Export tool have scriptable options?

brian fitzgerald
I would like to script a series of activities which could use the manual
options present in the export part of the subject tool.

I would like to send it a filter name (or number) and stop (allow) media
from being exported to GED2 and so forth.

This tool does not seem to be available for scripting from the tool
options in Gramps 5. I cannot find it in the documents anyway and blind
experimentation is unsuccessful so far.

Is there some other way to automate this aspect that I am missing or
will I have to ask for a feature enhancement?

brian

Re: Does the Import/Export tool have scriptable options?

prculley
If by scripting, you mean using a command line interface (CLI), then no, the only options are '-e' or '--export' followed by filename, and '-f' or '--format' to specify the export format.

As you probably realize, use of filters allows a lot of flexibility in what is exported, but it has to be done via the GUI.

If  you are ambitious, then you can write some python code (scripts) which can probably do what you are after 🤔.  But it would take quite a bit of study to figure out how to do that as you would be interacting with the guts of Gramps, where the only real documentation is the code itself.

Paul C.