Dynamic Web Report

GRAMPS - User mailing list

Hi

Been playing around with the above and being perverse tried to save to a
Samba shared drive on another PC but it does not seem to like this any
ideas welcome or is it a no no for some reason

Regards
Phil
MLFHS 12583
Dumfries

Re: Dynamic Web Report

Ron Johnson
On 04/15/2018 02:11 PM, phil wharram via Gramps-users wrote:

> Hi
>
> Been playing around with the above and being perverse tried to save to a
> Samba shared drive on another PC but it does not seem to like this any
> ideas welcome or is it a no no for some reason

In what way doesn't Gramps like saving the files to a Samba remote mount?

Re: Dynamic Web Report

GRAMPS - User mailing list

Hi Ron

When you search for the location it brings only directories on the home
PC if you select "other location" it does not give access to the network
again only shows the home PC file system.

I have the drive happily mounted and I can transfer files between PC's
going to try a few other things but???

Regards
Phil
MLFHS 12583
Dumfries
On 15/04/2018 20:20, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 04/15/2018 02:11 PM, phil wharram via Gramps-users wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Been playing around with the above and being perverse tried to save to
>> a Samba shared drive on another PC but it does not seem to like this
>> any ideas welcome or is it a no no for some reason
>
> In what way doesn't Gramps like saving the files to a Samba remote mount?

Re: Dynamic Web Report

How is the samba share mounted?  Do you see it when you run "df"?

On 04/15/2018 02:50 PM, phil wharram wrote:

> Hi Ron
>
> When you search for the location it brings only directories on the home PC
> if you select "other location" it does not give access to the network
> again only shows the home PC file system.
>
> I have the drive happily mounted and I can transfer files between PC's
> going to try a few other things but???
>
> Regards
> Phil
> MLFHS 12583
> Dumfries
> On 15/04/2018 20:20, Ron Johnson wrote:
>> On 04/15/2018 02:11 PM, phil wharram via Gramps-users wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Been playing around with the above and being perverse tried to save to a
>>> Samba shared drive on another PC but it does not seem to like this any
>>> ideas welcome or is it a no no for some reason
>>
>> In what way doesn't Gramps like saving the files to a Samba remote mount?

Re: Dynamic Web Report

Ron Johnson
"Mounted using Caja" is your problem, since Gramps doesn't recognize tmpfs
as a real filesystem.  Why not mount it using "mount -t cifs"?

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Mounting_samba_shares_from_a_unix_client

On 04/15/2018 03:24 PM, Phil Wharram wrote:

> Hi Ron
> Mounted using Caja but visible as a tmpfs file in df beginning to think I
> must be missing a python binding will start looking tomorrow
>

> Regards
> Phil
> MLFHS 12583
> Dumfries
>
> On 15/04/2018 20:56, Ron Johnson wrote:
>> How is the samba share mounted?  Do you see it when you run "df"?
>>
>> On 04/15/2018 02:50 PM, phil wharram wrote:
>>> Hi Ron
>>>
>>> When you search for the location it brings only directories on the home
>>> PC if you select "other location" it does not give access to the network
>>> again only shows the home PC file system.
>>>
>>> I have the drive happily mounted and I can transfer files between PC's
>>> going to try a few other things but???
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Phil
>>> MLFHS 12583
>>> Dumfries

Re: Dynamic Web Report

Hi Ron
Mounted using Caja but visible as a tmpfs file in df beginning to think
I must be missing a python binding will start looking tomorrow

Regards
Phil
MLFHS 12583
Dumfries

Hi Ron
Mounted using Caja but visible as a tmpfs file in df beginning to think
I must be missing a python binding will start looking tomorrow

Regards
Phil
MLFHS 12583
Dumfries

On 15/04/2018 20:56, Ron Johnson wrote:

> How is the samba share mounted?  Do you see it when you run "df"?
>
> On 04/15/2018 02:50 PM, phil wharram wrote:
>> Hi Ron
>>
>> When you search for the location it brings only directories on the
>> home PC if you select "other location" it does not give access to the
>> network again only shows the home PC file system.
>>
>> I have the drive happily mounted and I can transfer files between PC's
>> going to try a few other things but???
>>
>> Regards
>> Phil
>> MLFHS 12583
>> Dumfries

>>> In what way doesn't Gramps like saving the files to a Samba remote
>>> mount?

Re: Dynamic Web Report

Hi Ron

Checked CAJA, python bindings and all other settings found OK

Mounted the share using cifs no problem Gramps found this OK

So as you say Gramps/Python do not like/work with tmpfs swap file
arrangement so a lesson well learned

Thanks for your input

Regards
Phil