Emailed Descendant Indent Tree doesn't work on Windows

Emailed Descendant Indent Tree doesn't work on Windows

v4.2.6

In Linux (specifically, Xubuntu) I created a DIT, then opened my file
manager, found the DescendantIndentedTree.html and opened it. The page works
as expected, with all people visible, levels contract and expand, etc.

However, when I zip up the directory and then extract it on my Windows 7
laptop, no data appears (just the title, instructions  and the two
buttons).  I've tried it using IE, FF and Chrome, both clicking on
DescendantIndentedTree.html from Windows Explorer, and using File->Open
within the browser.

Any thoughts?