Error Message Shuts down GRAMPS

roymilner2001
I get the following error message every time I try to open GRAMPS. I am running Ubuntu 16.04.2 on a Dell Latitude E5400 laptop.

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gramps/gui/widgets/styledtexteditor.py", line 289, in on_motion_notify_event

self.match = self.textbuffer.match_check(iter_at_location.get_offset())

AttributeError: '_ResultTuple' object has no attribute 'get_offset'

Any way to fix this? I opened the file, but there is nothing on line 289 anything like what is listed here.

Thanks,

Roy

Re: Error Message Shuts down GRAMPS

John Ralls-2

On Sep 5, 2016, at 8:17 PM, Roy Milner <[hidden email]> wrote:

I get the following error message every time I try to open GRAMPS. I am running Ubuntu 16.04.2 on a Dell Latitude E5400 laptop.

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gramps/gui/widgets/styledtexteditor.py", line 289, in on_motion_notify_event

self.match = self.textbuffer.match_check(iter_at_location.get_offset())

AttributeError: '_ResultTuple' object has no attribute 'get_offset'

Any way to fix this? I opened the file, but there is nothing on line 289 anything like what is listed here.

Odd, the indicated statement does appear on line 289 of that file in git.

Anyway, it appears to be https://gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=9335, so upgrading to Gramps-4.2.3 or the just-released 4.2.4 should fix it.

Regards,
John Ralls