Even after update to 4.2.2. add-ons could not be downloaded on MAC OS X

Even after update to 4.2.2. add-ons could not be downloaded on MAC OS X

mike.papa.sierra
After updating to GRAMPS 4.2. on MAC OSX it was not possible to update or load any GRAMPS add-ons for me anymore. I filed a bug report and was told that this was due to the migration of the repository to a new provider and the way MAC OS X handles the required certificates.
This bug should be solved with the release 4.2.2. so I update my system to 4.2.2. But still when requesting updates or try to download add-ons I get the following error messages (indicated by the little light bulb in frame of the the GRAMPS window):

WARNING .gen.plug: Failed to open addon metadata for de https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gramps-project/addons/master/gramps42/listings/addons-de.txt: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:600)>
WARNING .gen.plug: Failed to open addon metadata for en https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gramps-project/addons/master/gramps42/listings/addons-en.txt: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:600)>

Marcus

GRAMPS 4.2.2
MAC OSX 10.10.5 (Yosemite)

Re: Even after update to 4.2.2. add-ons could not be downloaded on MAC OS X

Paul Franklin-5
Did you download the (correct) "second" Mac 4.2.2-2?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/4.2.2/Gramps-Intel-4.2.2-2.dmg/download

(As opposed to the (incorrect) "first" Mac 4.2.2-1.)

If it still fails with 4.2.2-2, please file a bug report.

Re: Even after update to 4.2.2. add-ons could not be downloaded on MAC OS X

link
I had the same issue with 4.2.2-1 and -2 fixed it.