Event Description Field

Jim Winfrey
We've discussed what the purpose of the Event Description field is
several times.  Every time I think about it it confuses me more.  I
think officially it was intended to link the individual to the event
such as "Birth of Blow, Joe" or "Marriage of Blow, Joe and Doe, Jane".
 I know when I am editing a Place, if these descriptions are not
populated, I cannot tell who the events in that Place belong to
without opening references and opening the edit screen for each person
linked to the event.  In my fuzzy thinking, this is backward.  When I
add an event, Gramps already knows who the event is linked to.

What I would like to see (if the world was perfect) is that the
present Event Description field be available to the user for whatever
info is needed to complete the event detail and for Gramps to manage
an internal table containing the names of the users for events linked
to Places.  If this cannot be done, it would be great if we had an
option as to whether the current Event Description info is printed on
reports.  To me it makes no sense to see "Birth: 26 Mar 1890 in
Amsterdam Birth of Blow, Joe".

Thanks for listening,

Jim

Re: Event Description Field

Reinhard Müller
Hi, all,

Am Mittwoch, den 25.02.2009, 09:02 -0500 schrieb Jim Winfrey:
> I think officially it was intended to link the individual to the event
> such as "Birth of Blow, Joe" or "Marriage of Blow, Joe and Doe, Jane".

I also was confused by this and I also think there should be an "event
info text" autogenerated from the event type and the person, and the
event description field should be free for the user.

In a marriage event, I would for example want to enter the info whether
it was a civil marriage or a church wedding, and in an occupation event
I would obviously want to see the occupation there.

Again just my 2 cents,

Reinhard

Re: Event Description Field

I am not certain to understand the feature request but did you try
"Extract Event description from Event Data" tool ?
(Menu--> Tools-->Database Processing-->)
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_3.1_Wiki_Manual_-_Tools#Extract_Event_Descriptions_from_Event_Data

If event description is missing, then this will add "{event type} of
{name}" on event description field.

Personally, I sometimes add place subdivision, if present, on events.
If not, I let an empty "event description" and run "Extract Event
description from Event Data" tool !

Jérôme

Jim Winfrey a écrit :

> We've discussed what the purpose of the Event Description field is
> several times.  Every time I think about it it confuses me more.  I
> think officially it was intended to link the individual to the event
> such as "Birth of Blow, Joe" or "Marriage of Blow, Joe and Doe, Jane".
>  I know when I am editing a Place, if these descriptions are not
> populated, I cannot tell who the events in that Place belong to
> without opening references and opening the edit screen for each person
> linked to the event.  In my fuzzy thinking, this is backward.  When I
> add an event, Gramps already knows who the event is linked to.
>
> What I would like to see (if the world was perfect) is that the
> present Event Description field be available to the user for whatever
> info is needed to complete the event detail and for Gramps to manage
> an internal table containing the names of the users for events linked
> to Places.  If this cannot be done, it would be great if we had an
> option as to whether the current Event Description info is printed on
> reports.  To me it makes no sense to see "Birth: 26 Mar 1890 in
> Amsterdam Birth of Blow, Joe".
>
> Thanks for listening,
>
> Jim

Re: Event Description Field

Jim Winfrey
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Jérôme <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am not certain to understand the feature request but did you try "Extract Event description from Event Data" tool ?
(Menu--> Tools-->Database Processing-->)
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_3.1_Wiki_Manual_-_Tools#Extract_Event_Descriptions_from_Event_Data

If event description is missing, then this will add "{event type} of {name}" on event description field.

This is what I am NOT asking for.  It seems impractical to add the link for each individual to his/her events in the Description field.  Gramps already knows this information.  I want to use the Description field for information that is part of the Event.  And, I do not want the "Birth of Winfrey, Jim" info from the Description field to print on reports.  This is duplication of data that is already there.

Jim

Re: Event Description Field

Michiel Nauta

Just my 2 cent contribution.

The tool you suggest destroys first order normalization of the database.
And that is what this whole problem is about. Do not use it. It is bad.

Michiel

Jérôme wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not certain to understand the feature request but did you try
> "Extract Event description from Event Data" tool ?
> (Menu--> Tools-->Database Processing-->)
> http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_3.1_Wiki_Manual_-_Tools#Extract_Event_Descriptions_from_Event_Data
>
> If event description is missing, then this will add "{event type} of
> {name}" on event description field.
>
> Personally, I sometimes add place subdivision, if present, on events.
> If not, I let an empty "event description" and run "Extract Event
> description from Event Data" tool !
>

> Jérôme
>
> Jim Winfrey a écrit :
>> We've discussed what the purpose of the Event Description field is
>> several times.  Every time I think about it it confuses me more.  I
>> think officially it was intended to link the individual to the event
>> such as "Birth of Blow, Joe" or "Marriage of Blow, Joe and Doe, Jane".
>>  I know when I am editing a Place, if these descriptions are not
>> populated, I cannot tell who the events in that Place belong to
>> without opening references and opening the edit screen for each person
>> linked to the event.  In my fuzzy thinking, this is backward.  When I
>> add an event, Gramps already knows who the event is linked to.
>>
>> What I would like to see (if the world was perfect) is that the
>> present Event Description field be available to the user for whatever
>> info is needed to complete the event detail and for Gramps to manage
>> an internal table containing the names of the users for events linked
>> to Places.  If this cannot be done, it would be great if we had an
>> option as to whether the current Event Description info is printed on
>> reports.  To me it makes no sense to see "Birth: 26 Mar 1890 in
>> Amsterdam Birth of Blow, Joe".
>>
>> Thanks for listening,
>>
>> Jim

Re: Event Description Field

jerome
> Do not use it. It is bad.

There is a warning dialog before using tools making database
modifications. Make a backup first (GRAMPS XML).

> The tool you suggest destroys first order normalization of the database.

What is the first order normalization ?
Is there an order normalization ?

> What I would like to see (if the world was perfect) is that the present Event Description field be available to the user for whatever info is needed to complete the event detail

It was planned for this, isn't it ?
I add custom descriptions for census, degree, education, emigration,
military service, property, religion, residence, occupation, etc ... events

Some illustrations :
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Residence_and_census
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Places_in_GRAMPS
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Why_residence_event_and_not_Address%3F
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Recording_UK_Census_data
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Events_in_GRAMPS

True, sometimes add a note or attribute for more informations on birth,
death or marriage events, but I rather add a source with a note and
media object for more details to avoid dupplicate seizures.

Also, there is filter on 'Event description' field or on Note. Seems to
me, there is no prefered scheme (norme)...

> and for Gramps to manage an internal table containing the names of the users for events linked to Places.

I do not understand this !
How this will be useful for event description ?
Maybe you should fill a Feature Request :
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Using_the_bug_tracker#Projects

> If this cannot be done, it would be great if we had an option as to whether the current Event Description info is printed on reports.

On detailed reports, users may display 'More details' or not.
You thought on wich report ?

Jérôme

Michiel Nauta a écrit :

> [...]
>>>
>>> Jim

>>> Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San
>>> Francisco, CA
>>> -OSBC tackles the biggest issue in open source: Open Sourcing the
>>> Enterprise
>>> -Strategies to boost innovation and cut costs with open source
>>> participation
>>> -Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source
>>> code: SFAD
>>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H

>> Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San
>> Francisco, CA
>> -OSBC tackles the biggest issue in open source: Open Sourcing the
>> Enterprise
>> -Strategies to boost innovation and cut costs with open source
>> participation
>> -Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source

Re: Event Description Field

Michiel Nauta
Ups,

That should have been second normal form obviously.
Michiel

Michiel Nauta wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just my 2 cent contribution.
>
> The tool you suggest destroys first order normalization of the database.
> And that is what this whole problem is about. Do not use it. It is bad.
>
> Michiel
>
> Jérôme wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am not certain to understand the feature request but did you try
>> "Extract Event description from Event Data" tool ?
>> (Menu--> Tools-->Database Processing-->)
>> http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_3.1_Wiki_Manual_-_Tools#Extract_Event_Descriptions_from_Event_Data
>>
>> If event description is missing, then this will add "{event type} of
>> {name}" on event description field.
>>
>> Personally, I sometimes add place subdivision, if present, on events.
>> If not, I let an empty "event description" and run "Extract Event
>> description from Event Data" tool !
>>

>> Jérôme
>>
>> Jim Winfrey a écrit :
>>> We've discussed what the purpose of the Event Description field is
>>> several times.  Every time I think about it it confuses me more.  I
>>> think officially it was intended to link the individual to the event
>>> such as "Birth of Blow, Joe" or "Marriage of Blow, Joe and Doe, Jane".
>>>  I know when I am editing a Place, if these descriptions are not
>>> populated, I cannot tell who the events in that Place belong to
>>> without opening references and opening the edit screen for each person
>>> linked to the event.  In my fuzzy thinking, this is backward.  When I
>>> add an event, Gramps already knows who the event is linked to.
>>>
>>> What I would like to see (if the world was perfect) is that the
>>> present Event Description field be available to the user for whatever
>>> info is needed to complete the event detail and for Gramps to manage
>>> an internal table containing the names of the users for events linked
>>> to Places.  If this cannot be done, it would be great if we had an
>>> option as to whether the current Event Description info is printed on
>>> reports.  To me it makes no sense to see "Birth: 26 Mar 1890 in
>>> Amsterdam Birth of Blow, Joe".
>>>
>>> Thanks for listening,
>>>
>>> Jim

Re: Event Description Field

2009/2/25 Jim Winfrey <[hidden email]>
We've discussed what the purpose of the Event Description field is
several times.  Every time I think about it it confuses me more.  I
think officially it was intended to link the individual to the event
such as "Birth of Blow, Joe" or "Marriage of Blow, Joe and Doe, Jane".
 I know when I am editing a Place, if these descriptions are not
populated, I cannot tell who the events in that Place belong to
without opening references and opening the edit screen for each person
linked to the event.  In my fuzzy thinking, this is backward.  When I
add an event, Gramps already knows who the event is linked to.

The back references in the place editor show info on event. Now it uses the description field. If you find that lacking, do  a feature request to show more info. This is a perfectly good feature request. I think for some objects we already add some extra data now (like the event type).

Re: Event Description Field

Nick Hall-6
I like the idea of this feature.

I am fairly new to gramps and found it confusing how to populate the
description field.  I don't really want to duplicate data already in the
database, but without doing so, it is difficult to identify events
correctly in a few places.

I can't see a feature request for this yet.  If nobody is going to
create one I am happy to do so.

Nick Hall.

Benny Malengier wrote:

> 2009/2/25 Jim Winfrey <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     We've discussed what the purpose of the Event Description field is
>     several times.  Every time I think about it it confuses me more.  I
>     think officially it was intended to link the individual to the event
>     such as "Birth of Blow, Joe" or "Marriage of Blow, Joe and Doe, Jane".
>      I know when I am editing a Place, if these descriptions are not
>     populated, I cannot tell who the events in that Place belong to
>     without opening references and opening the edit screen for each person
>     linked to the event.  In my fuzzy thinking, this is backward.  When I
>     add an event, Gramps already knows who the event is linked to.
>

> The back references in the place editor show info on event. Now it
> uses the description field. If you find that lacking, do  a feature
> request to show more info. This is a perfectly good feature request. I
> think for some objects we already add some extra data now (like the
> event type).
>
> Benny

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H

Re: Event Description Field

Vladimir Perić
I agree completely with Nick. In certain dialogues, the actual persons
in the event aren't shown, so I'm forced to write an event description
that will mention the involved persons. Still, since GRAMPS already
has this information, actually writing it is somewhat of a duplicated
effort. It's in fact one of the bigger reasons my genealogical
progress has stalled - I've got too many events that need to be
updated to show information they're already connected to.

In short, "+1" on the feature request.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I like the idea of this feature.
>
> I am fairly new to gramps and found it confusing how to populate the
> description field.  I don't really want to duplicate data already in the
> database, but without doing so, it is difficult to identify events
> correctly in a few places.
>
> I can't see a feature request for this yet.  If nobody is going to
> create one I am happy to do so.
>
> Nick Hall.
>

> Benny Malengier wrote:
>>

>> 2009/2/25 Jim Winfrey <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>
>>     We've discussed what the purpose of the Event Description field is
>>     several times.  Every time I think about it it confuses me more.  I
>>     think officially it was intended to link the individual to the event
>>     such as "Birth of Blow, Joe" or "Marriage of Blow, Joe and Doe, Jane".
>>      I know when I am editing a Place, if these descriptions are not
>>     populated, I cannot tell who the events in that Place belong to
>>     without opening references and opening the edit screen for each person
>>     linked to the event.  In my fuzzy thinking, this is backward.  When I
>>     add an event, Gramps already knows who the event is linked to.
>>

>> The back references in the place editor show info on event. Now it
>> uses the description field. If you find that lacking, do  a feature
>> request to show more info. This is a perfectly good feature request. I
>> think for some objects we already add some extra data now (like the
>> event type).
>>
>> Benny

>> Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San Francisco, CA
>> -OSBC tackles the biggest issue in open source: Open Sourcing the Enterprise
>> -Strategies to boost innovation and cut costs with open source participation
>> -Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source code: SFAD
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H

Vlada Perić

Re: Event Description Field

Nick Hall-6
I have gone ahead and raised feature request #0002773:

http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=2773

I think I have included most of the points people have raised.  If not,
I'm sure that someone will add additional information.

Nick Hall.

Vlada Peric wrote:

> I agree completely with Nick. In certain dialogues, the actual persons
> in the event aren't shown, so I'm forced to write an event description
> that will mention the involved persons. Still, since GRAMPS already
> has this information, actually writing it is somewhat of a duplicated
> effort. It's in fact one of the bigger reasons my genealogical
> progress has stalled - I've got too many events that need to be
> updated to show information they're already connected to.
>
> In short, "+1" on the feature request.
>
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I like the idea of this feature.
>>
>> I am fairly new to gramps and found it confusing how to populate the
>> description field.  I don't really want to duplicate data already in the
>> database, but without doing so, it is difficult to identify events
>> correctly in a few places.
>>
>> I can't see a feature request for this yet.  If nobody is going to
>> create one I am happy to do so.
>>
>> Nick Hall.
>>

>> Benny Malengier wrote:
>>
>>> 2009/2/25 Jim Winfrey <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>>
>>>     We've discussed what the purpose of the Event Description field is
>>>     several times.  Every time I think about it it confuses me more.  I
>>>     think officially it was intended to link the individual to the event
>>>     such as "Birth of Blow, Joe" or "Marriage of Blow, Joe and Doe, Jane".
>>>      I know when I am editing a Place, if these descriptions are not
>>>     populated, I cannot tell who the events in that Place belong to
>>>     without opening references and opening the edit screen for each person
>>>     linked to the event.  In my fuzzy thinking, this is backward.  When I
>>>     add an event, Gramps already knows who the event is linked to.
>>>

>>> The back references in the place editor show info on event. Now it
>>> uses the description field. If you find that lacking, do  a feature
>>> request to show more info. This is a perfectly good feature request. I
>>> think for some objects we already add some extra data now (like the
>>> event type).
>>>
>>> Benny

>>> Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San Francisco, CA
>>> -OSBC tackles the biggest issue in open source: Open Sourcing the Enterprise
>>> -Strategies to boost innovation and cut costs with open source participation
>>> -Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source code: SFAD
>>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H

Re: Event Description Field

N James Bridge
On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 00:17 +0000, Nick Hall wrote:
> I have gone ahead and raised feature request #0002773:
>
> http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=2773
>
> I think I have included most of the points people have raised.  If not,
> I'm sure that someone will add additional information.

Gets my vote!

James Bridge

Re: Event Description Field

Doug-11
I don't quite understand the problem.
If the Event Description field is empty, Tools=> Database
Processing=>'Extract Event Descriptions from Event Data' will fill it
for you.
The only (occasional) snag is that the tool won't overwrite anything
you've already put in that field.
That can be a bit of a nuisance if you want to change the description -
say, you've now discovered the surname of an ancestor's wife - then
you'll either need to edit the description manually or delete the
description and re-use the tool (the easier option if you have a lot of
changes to make)

Doug

Nick Hall wrote:

> I like the idea of this feature.
>
> I am fairly new to gramps and found it confusing how to populate the
> description field.  I don't really want to duplicate data already in the
> database, but without doing so, it is difficult to identify events
> correctly in a few places.
>
> I can't see a feature request for this yet.  If nobody is going to
> create one I am happy to do so.
>
> Nick Hall.
>

> Benny Malengier wrote:
>
>> 2009/2/25 Jim Winfrey <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>
>>     We've discussed what the purpose of the Event Description field is
>>     several times.  Every time I think about it it confuses me more.  I
>>     think officially it was intended to link the individual to the event
>>     such as "Birth of Blow, Joe" or "Marriage of Blow, Joe and Doe, Jane".
>>      I know when I am editing a Place, if these descriptions are not
>>     populated, I cannot tell who the events in that Place belong to
>>     without opening references and opening the edit screen for each person
>>     linked to the event.  In my fuzzy thinking, this is backward.  When I
>>     add an event, Gramps already knows who the event is linked to.
>>

>> The back references in the place editor show info on event. Now it
>> uses the description field. If you find that lacking, do  a feature
>> request to show more info. This is a perfectly good feature request. I
>> think for some objects we already add some extra data now (like the
>> event type).
>>
>> Benny

>> Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San Francisco, CA
>> -OSBC tackles the biggest issue in open source: Open Sourcing the Enterprise
>> -Strategies to boost innovation and cut costs with open source participation
>> -Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source code: SFAD
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H

Re: Event Description Field

Matt Fletcher-3
Doug,
The problem is one of technical correctness rather than ease of use.
The tool you mention will certainly copy the relevant details into the
description field (with whatever caveats about not overwriting
things.) The point is though, is that by using that tool (or for that
matter typing it by hand) the database is being made to hold the same
data twice. This is what was referred to in earlier posts as "normal
form". That means (in essence) to only store each bit of information
once, and to link to it everywhere else it could/should appear. With a
bit of extra code, GRAMPS could be made to always show the "already
known" description of an event (names and places), and the description
could then be used for other descriptive information about an event.

Hope that has made things as clear as mud!

2009/3/6 Doug <[hidden email]>:
> I don't quite understand the problem.
> If the Event Description field is empty, Tools=> Database
> Processing=>'Extract Event Descriptions from Event Data' will fill it
> for you.

Re: Event Description Field

Jim Winfrey

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 7:10 AM, Doug <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't quite understand the problem.
If the Event Description field is empty, Tools=> Database
Processing=>'Extract Event Descriptions from Event Data' will fill it
for you.
The only (occasional) snag is that the tool won't overwrite anything
you've already put in that field.
That can be a bit of a nuisance if you want to change the description -
say, you've now discovered the surname of an ancestor's wife - then
you'll either need to edit the description manually or delete the
description and re-use the tool (the easier option if you have a lot of
changes to make)

Doug,

The problem is that in most other genealogy programs the event description field can be used to expand the definition of the event with info like the cemetery name or what the person's degree was. etc.  But Gramps uses this valuable field just to reiterate the person the event belongs to.  That info is already in the database because Gramps uses it to link people and families but it is not displayed when you click on References for Place names as an example.  This request is asking Gramps to automatically fill the field that identifies the owner of the event and to give us a field for each event where we can add free form event details.

Jim

Re: Event Description Field

Doug Morrison-Cleary
On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 12:10:39 +0000
Doug <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't quite understand the problem.
> If the Event Description field is empty, Tools=> Database
> Processing=>'Extract Event Descriptions from Event Data' will fill it
> for you.
> The only (occasional) snag is that the tool won't overwrite anything
> you've already put in that field.
> That can be a bit of a nuisance if you want to change the description
> - say, you've now discovered the surname of an ancestor's wife - then
> you'll either need to edit the description manually or delete the
> description and re-use the tool (the easier option if you have a lot
> of changes to make)
>
> Doug

The issue is that many of us DON'T want to use the auto tool. Why?

Because that tool adds to the Description field information that is
already in other fields (like names, etc). When a report, especially
the website, is created, then there is a lot of duplicate information
printed.

So, if we don't use the auto tool and simply add our own information
into the event description when needed, then how do we share events?
You see, unless you are keeping careful track of the date of an event
you want to share, the only field that might contain useful identifying
information in that dialogue is the Event Description field.

We can either keep careful track of dates of events we might want to
share, then sort using that column (which is not sticky, so every time
you come into that dialogue you are resorting) and hope you chose the
right one. Or we can fill in the Event Description with duplicate
information that wastes space in the database and in reports.

Hope this helps.

Doug

css migration

Allan Topp
In all likelihood this is covered somewhere but I'm afraid I can't find it.

I had produced a web narrative with a custom css file in GRAMPS 2.

I have now (finally) upgraded to GRAMPS 3 and need to have it generate
the report with my old css file.

How do I do that?

Please and thanks.

Re: css migration

Benny Malengier
I believe the website changed a lot.
Moreover, next week 3.1.0 will normally be released, with again much reworked nav web thanks to the help of a web designer and some dedicated developers for this plugin.
I suggest you skip 3.0 and wait a week more, then look at the styles present in GRAMPS (Nebraska, Mainz, ...) and update one to your own color scheme/layout. The reason I say this is that 3.0.4 will not be supported for a long time due to too little developers to carry out three branches of development (3.0, 3.1 and future 3.2), so if you have to adapt your site to a new way, better skip a version all together.

Consider joining the development, and contributing a base css style for inclusion in GRAMPS on which your own site can then build. If you want tips, look at the copyright holders in this plugin.

Benny

2009/3/6 Allan Topp <[hidden email]>
In all likelihood this is covered somewhere but I'm afraid I can't find it.

I had produced a web narrative with a custom css file in GRAMPS 2.

I have now (finally) upgraded to GRAMPS 3 and need to have it generate
the report with my old css file.

How do I do that?

Please and thanks.

Re: css migration

Allan Topp
Thanks for your prompt response Benny, I appreciate it.

However, because I have many other non-Gramps generated pages that
completely depend on it,
I do need to use the original css.

So, can you tell me how to do this?  Please.

Thank you in advance.

Allan

Benny Malengier wrote:

> I believe the website changed a lot.
> Moreover, next week 3.1.0 will normally be released, with again much
> reworked nav web thanks to the help of a web designer and some dedicated
> developers for this plugin.
> I suggest you skip 3.0 and wait a week more, then look at the styles present
> in GRAMPS (Nebraska, Mainz, ...) and update one to your own color
> scheme/layout. The reason I say this is that 3.0.4 will not be supported for
> a long time due to too little developers to carry out three branches of
> development (3.0, 3.1 and future 3.2), so if you have to adapt your site to
> a new way, better skip a version all together.
>
> Consider joining the development, and contributing a base css style for
> inclusion in GRAMPS on which your own site can then build. If you want tips,
> look at the copyright holders in this plugin.
>
> Benny
>
> 2009/3/6 Allan Topp <[hidden email]>
>

>> In all likelihood this is covered somewhere but I'm afraid I can't find it.
>>
>> I had produced a web narrative with a custom css file in GRAMPS 2.
>>
>> I have now (finally) upgraded to GRAMPS 3 and need to have it generate
>> the report with my old css file.
>>
>> How do I do that?
>>
>> Please and thanks.

>> Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San Francisco,
>> CA
>> -OSBC tackles the biggest issue in open source: Open Sourcing the
>> Enterprise
>> -Strategies to boost innovation and cut costs with open source
>> participation
>> -Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source code:
>> SFAD
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H

Re: Event Description Field

Doug-11
Thanks for clarifying your points - I might have got them sooner if I
hadn't come in in the middle of the thread.
Apologies for the noise.

Doug