Event filter

Mat

Event filter

Mat
Hello,

I am looking to filter events that have a precise date i.e. filter out
events with no dates, range date, about date, before date, ....

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Tieum

Re: Event filter

DS Blank
On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Tieum <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I am looking to filter events that have a precise date i.e. filter out
events with no dates, range date, about date, before date, ....

Is this possible?

With Gramps 4.1 and greater, you can do this with the "Query Gramplet" and associated Quickview. This is a 3rd-party plugin (addon) that you can download via menu -> Preferences.

You can add the gramplet to any view, including the Dashboard. To do this kind of query, you need to know some internal structures. First, here is a query that will get you just specific dates:

SELECT gramps_id FROM event WHERE date.modifier == 0;

Paste that into the Query Gramplet (all on one line) and press enter. A quickview will come up, with matches (if any). You might have to click the column tab "gramps_id" to get the data to show.

date.modifier is one of:

0 - regular date
1 - before
2 - after
3 - about
4 - between date range
5 - span
6 - text only (date is invalid)

You can select any valid item from any valid table (person, event, family, etc).

Hope that helps! The Query Gramplet is getting some upgrades in Gramps 4.2 and Gramps 5.0.

-Doug

Thanks,

Tieum

Re: Event filter

Hivernat Emmanuel

Of course it's possible, in event view create a custom filter
in general filter select event with <data>
you have a date field, in witch you can enter what you want, or you can
click on the calendar

Best regards

Le 30/05/2015 17:24, Tieum a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I am looking to filter events that have a precise date i.e. filter out
> events with no dates, range date, about date, before date, ....
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tieum

Re: Event filter

DS Blank
On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Hivernat Emmanuel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Of course it's possible, in event view create a custom filter
in general filter select event with <data>
you have a date field, in witch you can enter what you want, or you can
click on the calendar

(Just to clarify, I think that Tieum was looking to match only dates that were exact matches. Your method (the standard way) will match any date that overlaps.)

Another method that might work for you is to go to menu -> Preference -> Dates and change all of the about, before, after numbers to be 0 (or maybe 1). Then some of those won't match. But if you really want to just match the exact dates, I think you have to use the Query Gramplet (or write your own filter) to get access to the "modified" property of dates.

BTW, the current Query Gramplet doesn't integrate into the filter system, yet. You will have to look at each matches individually, maybe tagging them. And you'll need to add more to the query to match an exact date.

-Doug

Best regards

Le 30/05/2015 17:24, Tieum a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am looking to filter events that have a precise date i.e. filter out
> events with no dates, range date, about date, before date, ....
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tieum

Re: Event filter

DS Blank
Thanks for pointing that out. It had been marked "UNSTABLE" (because it hadn't been tested with Python3) so it was not being included in the listings.

I've now marked it as "STABLE" so you should now see it.

-Doug

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 4:53 AM, Tieum <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I am using 4r.1 on both Linux and Windows, installed all gramplets and cannot see a query gramplet. Am I missing something?

On 5/30/2015 6:45 PM, Doug Blank wrote:
[...]

Mat

Re: Event filter

Mat
This is what I was looking for thanks!

Now how can I tag all of those entries to be able to filter them?

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Tieum <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is what I was looking for thanks!

Now how can I tag all of those entries to be able to filter them?

There isn't a way yet, other than selecting each one, editing, and marking with a tag. You can do that in the quickview with ENTER, select Edit from menu, and ENTER again. In Gramps 4.2, you can copy them all to a text file, at least. In a future version, I'd like to be able to atg them all from that menu as well. Or even have a method to use this directly in the filters.

-Doug