Expanding and collapsing nodes in people view

Expanding and collapsing nodes in people view

Martnal
I'm not sure whether this is a bug or a feature.

If I am looking at a certain group of people with the same surname on the People screen, and then go to the Media screen, and then go back to the People screen, it always opens and selects the home person. I'd much prefer it to be still focused on the surname that I was looking at a few moments earlier.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

Probably connected, when I am using forms, and adding several members of a family from the same census form, before I upgraded to 4.2.5-3 it would always open the same family, whereas now I have to reselect the family, open the Node, and then select that person. With some of those Victorian families this gets rather tedious. Is this working as expected?

(I'm using Windows 10)

Martin

Martin, SW London

I am using GrampsAIO64-4.2.5-1 on Windows 10.

I am researching surnames Loughborough, (London, Hull and Hartlepool), Watson, (Jarrow and Hartlepool), Ballard and Glassop (E. London), Mowbray, Pounder and Bulmer, (all Hartlepool), Leggett (Middlesborough and elsewhere).

Re: Expanding and collapsing nodes in people view

Nick Hall
On 15/05/17 13:57, Martnal wrote:

> I'm not sure whether this is a bug or a feature.
>
> If I am looking at a certain group of people with the same surname on the
> People screen, and then go to the Media screen, and then go back to the
> People screen, it always opens and selects the home person. I'd much prefer
> it to be still focused on the surname that I was looking at a few moments
> earlier.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature.
>
> Probably connected, when I am using forms, and adding several members of a
> family from the same census form, before I upgraded to 4.2.5-3 it would
> always open the same family, whereas now I have to reselect the family, open
> the Node, and then select that person. With some of those Victorian families
> this gets rather tedious. Is this working as expected?

No.

Unfortunately this was my fault.  I implemented a feature request that
expanded the selectors by default.

It seemed like a reasonable simple request but in hindsight it was a
mistake.  I will revert it.