Export to Web Site options?

Nathaniel Woods
I was curious what solutions may exist for exporting Gramps data into some sort of a "browsable" family tree, like one sees on Ancestry.com or FamilySearch?

-N

Re: Export to Web Site options?

Dave Scheipers
Hi Nathaniel

There are the Narrated Web and Dynamic Web reports and some other type
of reports under >> Reports >> Web Pages.

I suggest creating a small filter and then testing the various reports
with the various configurations to find a report that works for you.

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php/Gramps_5.1_Wiki_Manual_-_Reports_-_part_7#Narrated_Web_Site

Sorry, there does not seem to be a wiki for the Dynamic Web

HTH Dave

On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 8:24 AM Nathaniel Woods <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was curious what solutions may exist for exporting Gramps data into some sort of a "browsable" family tree, like one sees on Ancestry.com or FamilySearch?
>
> -N

Re: Export to Web Site options?

Charles T. Bell

I use a webpage called Topola Genealogy Viewer.html

All I have to do is save my data to a .ged file and then open the above webpage on my computer.  It will have "Load from file" which I select and open the .ged file.  From there you can move about your genealogy information, some of which is not obvious in some cases.

Just google the name of the .html file and download it.

HTH!

Good luck!

Tom Bell

On 1/1/20 7:57 AM, Nathaniel Woods wrote:
I was curious what solutions may exist for exporting Gramps data into some sort of a "browsable" family tree, like one sees on Ancestry.com or FamilySearch?

-N

Re: Export to Web Site options?

Thanks Sam

Emyoulation sent it to me but I just realized it was sent off list. no
else saw it.

I forgot that the Dynamic Web is an addon and not a built in report so
would not be in the wiki along with the other Web Report links.

I did not go looking for any other wiki page because the Help link in
the Dynamic Web options dialog points to...

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_5.1_Wiki_Manual_-_Reports#Dynamic_Web_Report

and there is not even a mention of the report, not even a link.

Thanks for all you do,

Dave

On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 10:18 PM Sam Manzi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Found here:
>
> https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php/DynamicWeb_report
>
> On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 at 01:05, Dave Scheipers <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>> Sorry, there does not seem to be a wiki for the Dynamic Web
>>
>> HTH Dave

Re: Export to Web Site options?

GRAMPS - User mailing list
Did not check the Help button. Thanks for pointing out that problem.
Piggybacked a URL tweak request for the Help button on Adrian Davey's new DynamicWeb bug report.

(It generally bad to piggyback but a Help but an isolated Help button retargeting is such a niggling change. If they found it after just posting the bigger fix, it might be annoying enough to get deferred.)

-Brian

On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 21:50, Dave Scheipers