Extra fields on reports

Richard Morgan
Frame of reference is TMG....

On various reports in TMG, you can append fields that print at the bottom of the reports.  These are typically things such as the date, the researcher's contact info (phone, email address, etc).

I use the date on all my reports to keep things fresh, or when casting about for some area of my tree that needs some updates.  The contact info is great when sharing family group sheets/reports with others.

Is this possible in Gramps or should I enter a feature request?

--
Cheers,
Richard

Re: Extra fields on reports

Ron Johnson
There is a notes box in one of the last tabs of each report's dialog box.

On 06/28/2014 07:25 PM, Richard Morgan wrote:
Frame of reference is TMG....

On various reports in TMG, you can append fields that print at the bottom of the reports.  These are typically things such as the date, the researcher's contact info (phone, email address, etc).

I use the date on all my reports to keep things fresh, or when casting about for some area of my tree that needs some updates.  The contact info is great when sharing family group sheets/reports with others.

Is this possible in Gramps or should I enter a feature request?

--
My word, man!  Don't you know your quantum statistics?

Re: Extra fields on reports

Peter (chamdo4ever)
On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM, Ron Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> There is a notes box in one of the last tabs of each report's dialog box.

As a former TMG user myself, this is exactly what I use.

> On 06/28/2014 07:25 PM, Richard Morgan wrote:
>
> Frame of reference is TMG....
>
> On various reports in TMG, you can append fields that print at the bottom of
> the reports.  These are typically things such as the date, the researcher's
> contact info (phone, email address, etc).
>
> I use the date on all my reports to keep things fresh, or when casting about
> for some area of my tree that needs some updates.  The contact info is great
> when sharing family group sheets/reports with others.
>
> Is this possible in Gramps or should I enter a feature request?
>

> --
> My word, man!  Don't you know your quantum statistics?

Re: Extra fields on reports

Peter (chamdo4ever)
On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM, Richard Morgan
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Seems like what you are talking about shows up on a couple of the graphical
> reports, but not on any of the text reports, especially the family group
> report.
>
> Gramps 3.4.7-3

You may be correct.
In Gramps 4.0.4, when I run an Ancestor Tree, on the last tab
"Include," there is a field labeled "Note:" -- this is where I put a
date, email, etc.

> On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM, Richard Morgan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Pretty sure that is the notes that are stored for each person, not any
>> sort of meta-notes about the researcher or the date printed.
>>

>> On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM, Ron Johnson <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> There is a notes box in one of the last tabs of each report's dialog box.
>>>

>>> On 06/28/2014 07:25 PM, Richard Morgan wrote:
>>>
>>> Frame of reference is TMG....
>>>
>>> On various reports in TMG, you can append fields that print at the bottom
>>> of the reports.  These are typically things such as the date, the
>>> researcher's contact info (phone, email address, etc).
>>>
>>> I use the date on all my reports to keep things fresh, or when casting
>>> about for some area of my tree that needs some updates.  The contact info is
>>> great when sharing family group sheets/reports with others.
>>>
>>> Is this possible in Gramps or should I enter a feature request?
>>>

>>> --
>>> My word, man!  Don't you know your quantum statistics?

>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Richard
>> Richard Morgan  |  [hidden email]

> Cheers,
> Richard
> Richard Morgan  |  [hidden email]

Re: Extra fields on reports

Paul Franklin-5
> Is this possible in Gramps or should I enter a feature request?

As the other responses have said, it is possible on
some gramps reports and not on others.

Besides those mentioned, some have a "footer" box also.

Please feel free to file a feature request for reports you
would like to see this feature on.

(The cynic in me suspects a possibly longer wait for an
answer such as "all".   8-)

Re: Extra fields on reports

Nick Hall
On 29/06/14 04:25, Paul Franklin wrote:

>> Is this possible in Gramps or should I enter a feature request?
> As the other responses have said, it is possible on
> some gramps reports and not on others.
>
> Besides those mentioned, some have a "footer" box also.
>
> Please feel free to file a feature request for reports you
> would like to see this feature on.
>
> (The cynic in me suspects a possibly longer wait for an
> answer such as "all".8-)

Yes, please create a feature request on the bug tracker.

Adding a heading and footer to all text reports is a good idea. There
has already been a request for page numbers, which could be included in
the footer.