FTM and Notes (possible resolution)

Don Allingham
Thanks to the efforts of Paul Parkyn, we have uncovered a bug in the
parsing of notes in GEDCOM files generated by Family Tree Maker.

This problem may only affect FTM GEDCOM files, because FTM generates
forward referenced notes. So far, FTM is the only program that I've seen
that generates this construct.

Basically, the problem is:

  In a forward referenced note, if the note contains a blank line, the
  note will be truncated at the blank line.

With Paul's testcase (a sample GEDCOM file that exhibits the problem),
we were able to debug and fix the problem in about 5 minutes.

The fix is in place, and will be incorporated into the 2.2 and 2.0.12
releases.

Re: FTM and Notes (possible resolution)

Steve Hall-3
On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 19:57 -0600, Don Allingham wrote:

> Thanks to the efforts of Paul Parkyn, we have uncovered a bug in the
> parsing of notes in GEDCOM files generated by Family Tree Maker.

[...]
> With Paul's testcase (a sample GEDCOM file that exhibits the
> problem), we were able to debug and fix the problem in about 5
> minutes.

I wonder how long it would take FTM to release a fix for a bug when
importing GRAMPS files?

--
Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]

Re: FTM and Notes (possible resolution)

Brad Rogers
On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 22:01:01 -0400
Steve Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Steve,

> I wonder how long it would take FTM to release a fix for a bug when
> importing GRAMPS files?

Probably a similar amount of time that an infinite number of monkeys,
sat at an infinite number of typewriters, would take to write the works
of Shakespeare.

:-)

--
 Regards  _