Family Tree Maker import

Doug-11
Has anybody had successful experience with importing Family Tree Maker
data into gramps?
If so, how does one tackle a .ftw file?

Doug

Re: Family Tree Maker import

Stéphane Charette-2
> Has anybody had successful experience with importing Family Tree Maker
> data into gramps?
> If so, how does one tackle a .ftw file?

Does Family Tree Maker allow you to export to GEDCOM?  That would be
the first thing I try.

Actually, I just checked on the GRAMPS wiki and it looks like GEDCOM
is your only choice:

http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Import_from_another_program#Family_Tree_Maker

Stéphane

Re: Family Tree Maker import

Theo Tulley
I successfully exported a gedcom from the .ftw file, copied it onto a
flash memory stick and then imported it into Gramps - no problems that I
have detected. It's quite a large tree - about 1300 people, but no media
files included.
Yours sincerely,

    Theo Tulley.
[hidden email]
SFHG Member No: 11619

Current name interests: Blyth (pre-1870),
Copper (pre-1791), Nottingham (pre-1736),
Pope (pre-1791), Spooner (pre-1840; Essex);
Tulley (pre 1540), Wiltshire (pre-1834, Essex).
<snip>