Family editor: no way to edit person in children tab

Family editor: no way to edit person in children tab

Michaël Van Dorpe
Before I leave on holidays to Spain for a week, here is my last bug report. :-D

I'm not sure whether the following suggestion is a good idea, but I'm
not sure it's a bad idea either...

In the family editor, you can add children, from a list, or just new
ones. You can also remove children from the list, or edit the
child-parent relationship.

However, there's no way to edit the children themselves.

Situation: add a child, enter some info, hit ok. Then, you see you
forget something, so you try to edit the child, but you get the
child-parent editor now instead of the person editor.

A solution would be to add a fifth icon to the right, that brings up
the person editor window for the selected child.

On the other hand, five icons is quite a lot... You decide!

Re: Family editor: no way to edit person in children tab

Alex Roitman
Michaël,

On Sat, 2006-07-01 at 18:17 +0200, Michaël Van Dorpe wrote:
> I'm not sure whether the following suggestion is a good idea, but I'm
> not sure it's a bad idea either...
>
> In the family editor, you can add children, from a list, or just new
> ones. You can also remove children from the list, or edit the
> child-parent relationship.
>
> However, there's no way to edit the children themselves.

Right-click -> Context menu -> select "Edit child" item.

> Situation: add a child, enter some info, hit ok. Then, you see you
> forget something, so you try to edit the child, but you get the
> child-parent editor now instead of the person editor.
>
> A solution would be to add a fifth icon to the right, that brings up
> the person editor window for the selected child.
>
> On the other hand, five icons is quite a lot... You decide!

If we add a fifth button, what icon should it use?

Alex

Re: Family editor: no way to edit person in children tab

Duncan Lithgow
On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 10:18 -0700, Alex Roitman wrote:

> > A solution would be to add a fifth icon to the right, that brings up
> > the person editor window for the selected child.
> >
> > On the other hand, five icons is quite a lot... You decide!
>
> If we add a fifth button, what icon should it use?

Hmm, doesn't look easily feasible to me.

Duncan
--
Linux user: 372812 | GPG key ID: 21A8C63A | http://lithgow-schmidt.dk

On 7/16/06, Alex Roitman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > In the family editor, you can add children, from a list, or just new
> > ones. You can also remove children from the list, or edit the
> > child-parent relationship.
> >
> > However, there's no way to edit the children themselves.
>
> Right-click -> Context menu -> select "Edit child" item.

I must have overlooked that context menu. I will try it when I have my
pc back later this week.
Forget about my 5th icon suggestion then.

Thanks,

Michaël

Re: Family editor: no way to edit person in children tab

Don Allingham
No, you did not overlook it. I added it in response to your original
request. I'm quite a bit behind in my email, and I forgot to respond.
Sorry.

Don