Family line report: saving parameters

Patrick Gerlier
Hi all,

I use a lot the family line report as a synthetic tool to check tree
correctness and completeness and also to define my future work.

Since my DB is now quite large, the family line report is used to reduce
the view to combined ascendance-descendance meshh by selecting a
starting point and adding several "waypoints" as intermediate origins.

I am working simultaneously on several lines (to avoid weariness and
reduce the risk of errors due to it). Unfortunately, the parameters in
the dialog are kept only for the last "query", notably the list of
individuals to be forcibly included in the graph.

I'd like to know if there is a trick to save all the parameters
somewhere (in a file or other convenient object so that updating one of
the graphs could be as easy as a one-click procedure?

Re: Family line report: saving parameters

Dave Scheipers
Hi Patrick

The options for the Family Line Graph is stored in your user folder in
report_options.xml

In Windows it is c:\users\%user name%\AppData\roaming\gramps\report_options.xml

This file has all the options for all reports. The Family Lines would be under
<module name="familylines_graph">

I suppose you could carefully manage multiple versions of this file.
One for all your reports and then multiple ones for your different
Family Line Graphs. You would have to be careful knowing which
report_options.xml file is which.

HTH Dave