Feature Request: Remember choices to speed up data entry

Feature Request: Remember choices to speed up data entry

Richard Morgan
(Tried to enter this on the bug tracker but it's complaining about a missing "Version" that is not in the actual form)

When I am entering facts from something like an obituary, I find myself applying those facts, and more importantly, the source to many people.

When I enter an event, then choose "Source Citation" I find that I have to scroll through the list again, or choose to filter the picklist again, over and over, for each event to get that same source.

I know this isn't a web app, but something sticky similar to a short-term cookie or placeholder for each select list would be great.  I'm going to be choosing the same source over and over, and I'd like to not have to scroll to find it repeatedly.

Thanks, love gramps.  Dumped TMG after ~17 years, since it doesn't seem to progress.

--
Cheers,
Richard

Re: Feature Request: Remember choices to speed up data entry

Tony Gordon
On 03/06/14 13:19, Richard Morgan wrote:
[...]

If you go to the Source view, you can copy/drag-and-drop the source to the Clipboard. It is then available to reuse without needing to use the picklist. The same applies to Citations.

Tony

Re: Feature Request: Remember choices to speed up data entry

Gerhard Killesreiter

Re: Feature Request: Remember choices to speed up data entry

paul womack
The clip board helps, but even then it's tedious.

I have this feature request on bug tracker, which I think would help rather more:

   BugBeat

On 03/06/14 02:19, Richard Morgan wrote:
(Tried to enter this on the bug tracker but it's complaining about a missing "Version" that is not in the actual form)

Thanks for pointing this out.  I have let the appropriate person know.

We intended to make the product version field mandatory for bug reports, not feature requests.