Filter problems in 3.3

Doug
Running gramps 3.3 on the command line produces a whole load
of error messages regarding person filters brought over from
3.2.5, e.g.

"456: WARNING: _Rule.py: line 102: Number of arguments does
not match number of labels.
    list:   [u'', u'Coceani', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'']
    labels: [u'Given name:', u'Full Family name:',
u'Title:', u'Suffix:', u'Call Name:', u'Nick Name:',
u'Prefix:', u'Single Surname:', u'Connector',
u'Patronymic:', u'Family Nick Name:', u'Regular-Expression
matching:']
WARNING: Too few arguments in filter 'Julie's surnames'!
          Trying to load anyway in the hope this will be
upgraded."

[The family tree was exported as a gramps gpkg in 3.2.5 and
imported into a new tree in 3.3]

Attempting to use the filter causes gramps to crash.

Is this a known problem or should I report it as a bug?

Doug

Re: Filter problems in 3.3

Benny Malengier

2011/6/16 doug <[hidden email]>
[...]

On changes in filters, the hope is that it can be upgraded and does not crash. Here it seems to crash though, so please create a bug ticket, and add the part of the filter xml file that fails to upgrade in a sensible way.

To fix it in the meantime, you can just delete that filter and recreate it with the new fields.

Benny.

Doug

Re: Filter problems in 3.3

Peter Landgren
Den Thursday 16 June 2011 23.32.14 skrev doug:

> Running gramps 3.3 on the command line produces a whole load
> of error messages regarding person filters brought over from
> 3.2.5, e.g.
>
> "456: WARNING: _Rule.py: line 102: Number of arguments does
> not match number of labels.
>     list:   [u'', u'Coceani', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'']
>     labels: [u'Given name:', u'Full Family name:',
> u'Title:', u'Suffix:', u'Call Name:', u'Nick Name:',
> u'Prefix:', u'Single Surname:', u'Connector',
> u'Patronymic:', u'Family Nick Name:', u'Regular-Expression
> matching:']
> WARNING: Too few arguments in filter 'Julie's surnames'!
>           Trying to load anyway in the hope this will be
> upgraded."
>
> [The family tree was exported as a gramps gpkg in 3.2.5 and
> imported into a new tree in 3.3]
>
> Attempting to use the filter causes gramps to crash.
>
> Is this a known problem or should I report it as a bug?
>
> Doug

I have a similar problem, but in my case it's a filter defined in trunk and usedm in Gramps 3.3.
My errormsg says "Too many arguments.....". It works fine and crash.

Can you edit that filter i 3.3?

/Peter

Re: Filter problems in 3.3

Yes, we tested this during developement.
It is related to changes on name fields, but this should only warn the user, Gramps should not crash!

As said by Benny, edit a new one (or re-edit 'Julie's surnames' with "Full Family name: Coceani") seems to be the solution.

Jérôme

[...]

http://p.sf.net/sfu/ephox-dev2dev

-----La pièce jointe associée suit-----

Re: Filter problems in 3.3

Doug
On 17/06/11 07:37, Peter Landgren wrote:

> Den Thursday 16 June 2011 23.32.14 skrev doug:
>> Running gramps 3.3 on the command line produces a whole load
>> of error messages regarding person filters brought over from
>> 3.2.5, e.g.
>>
>> "456: WARNING: _Rule.py: line 102: Number of arguments does
>> not match number of labels.
>>      list:   [u'', u'Coceani', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'']
>>      labels: [u'Given name:', u'Full Family name:',
>> u'Title:', u'Suffix:', u'Call Name:', u'Nick Name:',
>> u'Prefix:', u'Single Surname:', u'Connector',
>> u'Patronymic:', u'Family Nick Name:', u'Regular-Expression
>> matching:']
>> WARNING: Too few arguments in filter 'Julie's surnames'!
>>            Trying to load anyway in the hope this will be
>> upgraded."
>>
>> [The family tree was exported as a gramps gpkg in 3.2.5 and
>> imported into a new tree in 3.3]
>>
>> Attempting to use the filter causes gramps to crash.
>>
>> Is this a known problem or should I report it as a bug?
>>
>> Doug
>>
> I have a similar problem, but in my case it's a filter defined in trunk and usedm in Gramps 3.3.
> My errormsg says "Too many arguments.....". It works fine and crash.
>
> Can you edit that filter i 3.3?
>
> /Peter

Thanks, Benny, Peter and Jerome.
I can certainly delete and recreate the Person filters,
though it will be a pain re-doing all of them. I'll try
editing and see which is less tedious.
I haven't tested Event, Place filters etc. yet.
I'll submit a bug report on the crashing.

Doug

Re: Filter problems in 3.3

Nick Hall-6

On 17/06/11 12:16, doug wrote:

> On 17/06/11 07:37, Peter Landgren wrote:
>> Den Thursday 16 June 2011 23.32.14 skrev doug:
>>> Running gramps 3.3 on the command line produces a whole load
>>> of error messages regarding person filters brought over from
>>> 3.2.5, e.g.
>>>
>>> "456: WARNING: _Rule.py: line 102: Number of arguments does
>>> not match number of labels.
>>>       list:   [u'', u'Coceani', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'']
>>>       labels: [u'Given name:', u'Full Family name:',
>>> u'Title:', u'Suffix:', u'Call Name:', u'Nick Name:',
>>> u'Prefix:', u'Single Surname:', u'Connector',
>>> u'Patronymic:', u'Family Nick Name:', u'Regular-Expression
>>> matching:']
>>> WARNING: Too few arguments in filter 'Julie's surnames'!
>>>             Trying to load anyway in the hope this will be
>>> upgraded."
>>>
>>> [The family tree was exported as a gramps gpkg in 3.2.5 and
>>> imported into a new tree in 3.3]
>>>
>>> Attempting to use the filter causes gramps to crash.
>>>
>>> Is this a known problem or should I report it as a bug?
>>>
>>> Doug
>>>
>> I have a similar problem, but in my case it's a filter defined in trunk and usedm in Gramps 3.3.
>> My errormsg says "Too many arguments.....". It works fine and crash.
>>
>> Can you edit that filter i 3.3?
>>
>> /Peter
>>

> Thanks, Benny, Peter and Jerome.
> I can certainly delete and recreate the Person filters,
> though it will be a pain re-doing all of them. I'll try
> editing and see which is less tedious.
> I haven't tested Event, Place filters etc. yet.

You may have a problem with Place filters because of the new Locality field.

Nick.

> I'll submit a bug report on the crashing.
>
> Doug

Re: Filter problems in 3.3

Doug
On 17/06/11 12:43, Nick Hall wrote:

> On 17/06/11 12:16, doug wrote:

>>> I have a similar problem, but in my case it's a filter defined in trunk and usedm in Gramps 3.3.
>>> My errormsg says "Too many arguments.....". It works fine and crash.
>>>
>>> Can you edit that filter i 3.3?
>>>
>>> /Peter
>>>

>> Thanks, Benny, Peter and Jerome.
>> I can certainly delete and recreate the Person filters,
>> though it will be a pain re-doing all of them. I'll try
>> editing and see which is less tedious.
>> I haven't tested Event, Place filters etc. yet.
>
> You may have a problem with Place filters because of the new Locality field.
>
> Nick.

Thanks, Nick.
It raises a point: Can users upgrading from 3.2.x be given
warning beforehand somewhere that filters will need editing
or replacing in 3.3?
I don't recall seeing any.

Doug

Re: Filter problems in 3.3

Nick Hall-6

On 18/06/11 11:55, doug wrote:

> On 17/06/11 12:43, Nick Hall wrote:

>>> Thanks, Benny, Peter and Jerome.
>>> I can certainly delete and recreate the Person filters,
>>> though it will be a pain re-doing all of them. I'll try
>>> editing and see which is less tedious.
>>> I haven't tested Event, Place filters etc. yet.
>> You may have a problem with Place filters because of the new Locality field.
>>
>> Nick.
> Thanks, Nick.
> It raises a point: Can users upgrading from 3.2.x be given
> warning beforehand somewhere that filters will need editing
> or replacing in 3.3?
> I don't recall seeing any.

Good point.  I haven't seen any warnings.

The arguments for the HasPlace filter have changed.  There is one extra
argument, and the order has changed, so this will need editing or
deleting in 3.3.

Nick.