Quantcast

Filtering media files containing TREE in the file name to exclude STREET

Filtering media files containing TREE in the file name to exclude STREET

Martnal
In my media folder I have a number of family tree diagrams all containing the word TREE in the file name. I tried to filter on the word TREE, but found that it is also incorporating any media files containing the word STREET. This happens even if I add a trailing space to the word TREE. Is this a bug or a feature? How can I filter the tree diagrams, without editing all the file names?

Martin

Martin, SW London

I am using GRAMPS 4.2.3-1 on Windows 10.

I am researching surnames Loughborough, (London and Hartlepool), Watson, (Jarrow and Hartlepool), Ballard and Glassop (E. London), Mowbray, Pounder and Bulmer, (all Hartlepool), Leggett (Middlesborough and Prescot).

Re: Filtering media files containing TREE in the file name to exclude STREET

Mary Lynch
On 21/02/2017 15:14, Martnal wrote:
> In my media folder I have a number of family tree diagrams all containing the
> word TREE in the file name. I tried to filter on the word TREE, but found
> that it is also incorporating any media files containing the word STREET.
> This happens even if I add a trailing space to the word TREE. Is this a bug
> or a feature? How can I filter the tree diagrams, without editing all the
> file names?

I'd say it was a feature, not a bug.

If the file names have spaces before and after the word TREE, then tick
"Use regular expressions" and search for \sTREE\s

Re: Filtering media files containing TREE in the file name to exclude STREET

David Lynch
On 21/02/2017 15:45, Mary Lynch wrote:

> On 21/02/2017 15:14, Martnal wrote:
>> In my media folder I have a number of family tree diagrams all containing the
>> word TREE in the file name. I tried to filter on the word TREE, but found
>> that it is also incorporating any media files containing the word STREET.
>> This happens even if I add a trailing space to the word TREE. Is this a bug
>> or a feature? How can I filter the tree diagrams, without editing all the
>> file names?
>>
> I'd say it was a feature, not a bug.
>
> If the file names have spaces before and after the word TREE, then tick
> "Use regular expressions" and search for \sTREE\s
I asked for this feature/bug to be changed six years ago:

<https://gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=4619>

David Lynch