Filters and missing Date fields [WAS: Filters and regular expressions]

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Filters and missing Date fields [WAS: Filters and regular expressions]

Doug
The current discussion on  "Filters and regular expressions" seems to have moved away from the original topic.
Can I go back to this and ask if we could have extra rules to match missing dates (or bad dates)?
Nick referred to this in the following:

<quote>
On 15/08/13 23:29, Nick Hall wrote:

> On 14/08/13 11:27, doug wrote:
>> Quite a number of rules involve a Date field, e.g.
>>
>> Persons/Families with events/data/citation
>> Events with data/citation
>> Places/Media with citation
>> Citations matching parameters
>>
>> I'd like to be able to get from any of those rules the
>> items where there is no Date entry, not just in Events.
> There are a couple of rules which match incomplete events.
> These match events without a date or place.
>
> We could also add extra rules to match a missing date or bad
> date (text only date).
>
> It would also be quite easy to validate the date entry
> fields in the rules.  If we choose to do this we should also
> validate the date fields in the sidebar filters to be
> consistent.
>
> Nick.
>
>
If you could make those changes they'd considerably improve
the usefulness of the filters.



<endquote>

Doug


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Introducing Performance Central, a new site from SourceForge and
AppDynamics. Performance Central is your source for news, insights,
analysis and resources for efficient Application Performance Management.
Visit us today!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=48897511&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Filters and missing Date fields [WAS: Filters and regular expressions]

Nick Hall-6
On 21/08/13 16:37, doug wrote:
> The current discussion on  "Filters and regular expressions" seems to have moved away from the original topic.
> Can I go back to this and ask if we could have extra rules to match missing dates (or bad dates)?

Yes.  What new rules do you want?

Nick.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Introducing Performance Central, a new site from SourceForge and
AppDynamics. Performance Central is your source for news, insights,
analysis and resources for efficient Application Performance Management.
Visit us today!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=48897511&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Filters and missing Date fields [WAS: Filters and regular expressions]

Doug
On 21/08/13 19:48, Nick Hall wrote:
> On 21/08/13 16:37, doug wrote:
>> The current discussion on  "Filters and regular expressions" seems to have moved away from the original topic.
>> Can I go back to this and ask if we could have extra rules to match missing dates (or bad dates)?
>
> Yes.  What new rules do you want?
>
> Nick.
>
>
<snip>
All these rules have Date fields:

Persons/Families with events/data/citation
Events with data/citation
Places/Media with citation
Citations matching parameters

I'd like to be able to get from any of those rules the
items where there is no Date entry

If regex ^$ doesn't work in the rule, then I suppose rules
for the specific cases.

Doug


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Introducing Performance Central, a new site from SourceForge and
AppDynamics. Performance Central is your source for news, insights,
analysis and resources for efficient Application Performance Management.
Visit us today!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=48897511&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Filters and missing Date fields [WAS: Filters and regular expressions]

Nick Hall-6
On 22/08/13 11:07, doug wrote:

> On 21/08/13 19:48, Nick Hall wrote:
>> On 21/08/13 16:37, doug wrote:
>>> The current discussion on  "Filters and regular expressions" seems
>>> to have moved away from the original topic.
>>> Can I go back to this and ask if we could have extra rules to match
>>> missing dates (or bad dates)?
>>
>> Yes.  What new rules do you want?
>>
>> Nick.
>>
>>
> <snip>
> All these rules have Date fields:
>
> Persons/Families with events/data/citation
> Events with data/citation
> Places/Media with citation
> Citations matching parameters
>
> I'd like to be able to get from any of those rules the
> items where there is no Date entry
>
> If regex ^$ doesn't work in the rule, then I suppose rules for the
> specific cases.
>
> Doug
>
>
>

So you want 8 new rules to match missing dates in these cases, and
another 8 rules to match textual dates?

Nick.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Introducing Performance Central, a new site from SourceForge and
AppDynamics. Performance Central is your source for news, insights,
analysis and resources for efficient Application Performance Management.
Visit us today!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=48897511&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel