Firefox opens on start up?

Cathy Phillips
I have GRAMPS 2.0. When I boot up, Firefox always opens up. Is there a
way to stop this from happening?

Cathy

Re: Firefox opens on start up?

Alex Roitman
On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 17:10 -0700, Cathy Phillips wrote:
> I have GRAMPS 2.0. When I boot up, Firefox always opens up. Is there a
> way to stop this from happening?

Is this with the Live Session, running from the CD?
Or is this with the installed system?

Alex

Re: Firefox opens on start up?

Cathy Phillips
Its with it installed on my harddrive. Cathy

Re: Firefox opens on start up?

Alex Roitman
On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 17:27 -0700, Cathy Phillips wrote:
> Its with it installed on my harddrive. Cathy

In the main GNOME menu, select Desktop -> Preferences
-> Sessions. Then switch to the Startup Programs tab,
select firefox, and then delete it from the list.

Alex

Re: Firefox opens on start up?

Cathy Phillips
I am not sure I am where I should be. I am not sure I know what "main
GNOME Menu" is at?

Ok... On desktop, do I select on the toll bar, "Places"? Then Desktop?
If so, I then go to Edit, Preferences, there is not any Sessions in this.

Cathy

Re: Firefox opens on start up?

Alex Roitman
On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 18:43 -0700, Cathy Phillips wrote:
> I am not sure I am where I should be. I am not sure I know what "main
> GNOME Menu" is at?
>
> Ok... On desktop, do I select on the toll bar, "Places"? Then Desktop?
> If so, I then go to Edit, Preferences, there is not any Sessions in this.

Sorry, System -> Preferences -> Session.

System is the third item in the top right corner.
   then Preferences under System
        then Sessions under Preferences that was under System

Alex

Re: Firefox opens on start up?

Cathy Phillips
Thank You.. Found it.. did it... Cathy