First pass gen.db implementation

Don Allingham-3
I have a first pass of the gen.db implementation - the next stage in the
3.0 code reorganization. Please give it a try to see if you notice any
problems.

Don

Re: First pass gen.db implementation

Piotr Czubaszek-2
> I have a first pass of the gen.db implementation - the next stage in the
> 3.0 code reorganization. Please give it a try to see if you notice any
> problems.
>
> Don

I can't run GRAMPS at all so I guess I do notice a problem :)

1779: ERROR: gramps.py: line 180: Gramps failed to start.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/gramps.py", line 172, in run
    import gramps_main
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/gramps_main.py", line 47, in <module>
    import ViewManager
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/ViewManager.py", line 65, in <module>
    import DisplayState
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/DisplayState.py", line 52,
in <module>
    import gen.db
ImportError: No module named db

Re: First pass gen.db implementation

Serge Noiraud-2
Le/The dimanche 07 octobre 2007, Piotr Czubaszek a écrit/wrote :

> > I have a first pass of the gen.db implementation - the next stage in the
> > 3.0 code reorganization. Please give it a try to see if you notice any
> > problems.
> >
> > Don
>
> I can't run GRAMPS at all so I guess I do notice a problem :)
>
> 1779: ERROR: gramps.py: line 180: Gramps failed to start.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/gramps.py", line 172, in run
>     import gramps_main
>   File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/gramps_main.py", line 47, in <module>
>     import ViewManager
>   File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/ViewManager.py", line 65, in <module>
>     import DisplayState
>   File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/DisplayState.py", line 52,
> in <module>
>     import gen.db
> ImportError: No module named db
Exactly the same problem here.

Re: First pass gen.db implementation

Don Allingham-3
Sorry. Should be fixed now. I forgot to commit the __init__.py file in
the src/gen/db directory. It worked fine on my system, because I have
the file :-)

svn up

On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 16:08 +0200, Piotr Czubaszek wrote:

> > I have a first pass of the gen.db implementation - the next stage in the
> > 3.0 code reorganization. Please give it a try to see if you notice any
> > problems.
> >
> > Don
>
> I can't run GRAMPS at all so I guess I do notice a problem :)
>
> 1779: ERROR: gramps.py: line 180: Gramps failed to start.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/gramps.py", line 172, in run
>     import gramps_main
>   File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/gramps_main.py", line 47, in <module>
>     import ViewManager
>   File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/ViewManager.py", line 65, in <module>
>     import DisplayState
>   File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/DisplayState.py", line 52,
> in <module>
>     import gen.db
> ImportError: No module named db

Re: First pass gen.db implementation

Piotr Czubaszek-2
> Sorry. Should be fixed now. I forgot to commit the __init__.py file in
> the src/gen/db directory. It worked fine on my system, because I have
> the file :-)
>
> svn up

Now, when I exit the program every time after a change has been made
to the database, the following error occurs:

4500154: ERROR: gramps.py: line 148: Unhandled exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/ViewManager.py", line 614, in quit
    self.__backup()
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/ViewManager.py", line 634,
in __backup
    GrampsDbUtils.Backup.backup(self.state.db)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/GrampsDbUtils/_Backup.py",
line 86, in backup
    __do_export(database)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/GrampsDbUtils/_Backup.py",
line 121, in __do_export
    for (base, tbl) in __build_tbl_map(database):
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/GrampsDbUtils/_Backup.py",
line 222, in __build_tbl_map
    ( GrampsDBDir.PERSON_TBL,  database.person_map.db),
AttributeError: type object 'GrampsDBDir' has no attribute 'PERSON_TBL'

BTW: next time I start the GRAMPS, the database is locked so I have to
break the lock to use it, but then all changes are lost. Are those
changes still present somewhere in the db? Is it possible to commit
them before breaking the lock?

Piotrek

Re: First pass gen.db implementation

Don Allingham-3
This should be fixed now.

Locking of the db has no bearing on the committing of data. It is solely
used to prevent multiple people from trying to edit the same file at the
same time.

The commit either occurs before or after the error. You cannot always
tell when a bug occurs. However, the database does ensure that all the
data on an edit gets there, or none of the data gets there. It prevents
partial data from being written, which can corrupt a database.

Don