Fix tiff unknown

Robert Pettit
How do I go about requesting this change to Gramps.

I work with TIFF images for documents and though Gramps recognizes them,
it displays type unknown when viewing the image. I make the following
change to gramps to do away with it.

in _pythonmime.py

_type_map = {
     'application/x-gramps' : 'Gramps database',
     'application/x-gramps-xml' : 'Gramps XML database',
     'application/x-gedcom' : 'GEDCOM database',
     'application/x-gramps-package': 'Gramps package',
     'image/jpeg' : 'JPEG image',
+   'image/tiff' : 'TIFF image',
     'application/pdf' : 'PDF document',
     'text/rtf' : 'Rich Text File',
}

Re: Fix tiff unknown

GRAMPS - Dev mailing list
Robert,

If you have a GitHub account, just create a pull request.  If not,
submit a bug report:

https://gramps-project.org/bugs

Nick.

On 19/12/2019 02:11, Robert Pettit wrote:

> How do I go about requesting this change to Gramps.
>
> I work with TIFF images for documents and though Gramps recognizes
> them, it displays type unknown when viewing the image. I make the
> following change to gramps to do away with it.
>

> in _pythonmime.py
>

> _type_map = {
>     'application/x-gramps' : 'Gramps database',
>     'application/x-gramps-xml' : 'Gramps XML database',
>     'application/x-gedcom' : 'GEDCOM database',
>     'application/x-gramps-package': 'Gramps package',
>     'image/jpeg' : 'JPEG image',
> +   'image/tiff' : 'TIFF image',
>     'application/pdf' : 'PDF document',
>     'text/rtf' : 'Rich Text File',
> }

Re: Fix tiff unknown

Brad Rogers
On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 21:11:40 -0500
Robert Pettit <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Robert,

>+   'image/tiff' : 'TIFF image',

I know we could go on adding types almost ad infinitum but if, as Nick
suggests, you do a pull request or file a bug report, could you also add

        'image/gif' : 'GIF image',
        'image/png' : 'PNG image',

as those two are pretty common file types.  Thanks.

As an aside, adding those two would leave me no 'unknown' file types.

--
 Regards  _
Makes you wonder how the other half die