Flushing the Go menu

GRAMPS - User mailing list
My Go menu in Gramps has become corrupted and the labels do not update as I change active Person.

Does anyone know where this data about the last 10 active persons is stored so I can manually clear the list?

Thanks
-Brian

Re: Flushing the Go menu

prculley
It sounds like you have the "RestoreHist" addon; that is the only way to maintain history between restarts.  You can clear the stored state by finding and deleting ~.gramps/gramps51/plugins/RestoreHist/hist_save.ini  or if you use Windows in C:\Users\you\Appdata\Roaming\gramps\gramps51\plugins\RestoreHist/hist_save.ini.

This should not have been affected by a ReorderID, but perhaps something else is going on.

Paul C.

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 4:12 PM Emyoulation--- via Gramps-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
My Go menu in Gramps has become corrupted and the labels do not update as I change active Person.

Does anyone know where this data about the last 10 active persons is stored so I can manually clear the list?

Thanks
-Brian

Re: Flushing the Go menu

GRAMPS - User mailing list
Thanks Paul. That cleared the 6 people in the Go menu that persisted through the restart.

But you're also right in saying something else is going on.

The freshly populated Go menu doesn't activate the People listed by the label either. It pulls someone else from the Recents.  (Although the Bookmarks DO correspond accurately.)

Odd.

It may have always been like this.  I never even tried this menu until recently.  The Forward/Back to surf the Recents was more intuitive.

The dynamic nature of the Go menu meant you had to initially refer to the Menu every time it might be useful. And then the hotkeys were only useful when stepping through the last n People had a purpose.

e.g.: if the Last 6 people edited had been in the same cemetery... but I specified that detail in their Burial descriptions, thinking the Cemetery was not worth adding as a distinct Place. Finally, I added the Cemetery as a new Place on the 6th person's Burial. So, to cleanup the previous 5, I could clipboard the Cemetery, and use the Alt+5 repeatedly to cycle through those last 5 people and update their Burial place & descriptions.

That's pretty esoteric.

I found such an operation to be far less blind by sorting the People View (or Event View) on Last Modified. Or by searching the Cemetery name in the Event descriptions.

The only other use I could envision would be as a visual cue where you had been working if there was an interruption in your workflow. (More useful between sessions than within.)

-Brian

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 8:46, Paul Culley