Form and Sourses

Михаил Болоничев

Hi.

I have one source for my research, called the Metric Book (or the Book of the Orthodox Church, the main source of information about births, marriages, and deaths during the Russian Empire). I creating form in form addon, but i can`t using this source few time for each event. Is it possible to fix it?
--
Mikhail

Re: Form and Sourses

Kurt Caulley
Dec 08, 2018 Михаил Болоничев
>but i can`t using this source few time for each event.

Please describe this issue in more detail.

Re: Form and Sourses

Михаил Болоничев
Ok. I create a source, select the Attribute section, and enter the
Attribute: Form
Value: Birth
And now my source can be used for the "Birth" event", BUT

I also want to use this source for " death "   and  "wedding" events. I  create the "Form\ Wedding" and "From\Death" attributes , but they do not appear in the source list.

ср, 12 дек. 2018 г. в 17:10, CurtD <[hidden email]>:
Dec 08, 2018 Михаил Болоничев
>but i can`t using this source few time for each event.

Please describe this issue in more detail.

С уважением, Михаил Болоничев.
+7(999)079-00-88

Re: Form and Sourses

Kurt Caulley
You created 3 forms. One for Birth, one for Death, and one for Wedding?
<form id='Birth' type='Birth' title='Birth Record'>
<form id='Death' type='Death' title='Death Record'>
<form id='Wed' type='Wedding' title='Wedding Record'> If you are using the
type='Wedding' you must create a new Event Type "Wedding".

A source can only be linked to one Form. You may want to have 3 sources for
the book. Such as Metric Book (Births), Metric Book (Marriages), Metric Book
(Deaths). You can then link a form to each one. Then in the Citation /
Volume/Page enter the page number the information is on.

Re: Form and Sourses

Михаил Болоничев
I do as you describe: one source for one form, but I was hoping that there was a way not to divide the source into parts. For example, I have references to church books from 1752 to 1917 (165 years, 165 sources), and I would not like to make 495 sources. but apparently this is the only solution

чт, 13 дек. 2018 г., 21:50 CurtD [hidden email]:
You created 3 forms. One for Birth, one for Death, and one for Wedding?
<form id='Birth' type='Birth' title='Birth Record'>
<form id='Death' type='Death' title='Death Record'>
<form id='Wed' type='Wedding' title='Wedding Record'> If you are using the
type='Wedding' you must create a new Event Type "Wedding".

A source can only be linked to one Form. You may want to have 3 sources for
the book. Such as Metric Book (Births), Metric Book (Marriages), Metric Book
(Deaths). You can then link a form to each one. Then in the Citation /
Volume/Page enter the page number the information is on.

Re: Form and Sourses

Kurt Caulley
I would not to divide the sources ether.
Ok! I think I understand your motivation for what you are trying to do but
not why. As an example:
I have a book "The History of Dark County, Ohio". Within the book is a
biographical sketch of one of my ancestors. In that sketch is mentioned his
first and second wife and his children, his father and mother, brothers and
sisters. All totaled in 19 lines of text there are 14 births, 2 marriages, 5
deaths, 3 migrations, and 11 people mentioned. All of this information has
the same source and citation because it all came from those 19 lines of
text. Also it happens that those 19 lines of text span part of 2 pages so my
citation is "Page 490-491".

Re: Form and Sourses

Михаил Болоничев
When there are more than 7,000 people in the family tree, a clear hierarchy is required. In addition, there is a specificity in the Russian funds and the hierarchy of the names of the cases.

пт, 14 дек. 2018 г., 11:55 CurtD [hidden email]:
I would not to divide the sources ether.
Ok! I think I understand your motivation for what you are trying to do but
not why. As an example:
I have a book "The History of Dark County, Ohio". Within the book is a
biographical sketch of one of my ancestors. In that sketch is mentioned his
first and second wife and his children, his father and mother, brothers and
sisters. All totaled in 19 lines of text there are 14 births, 2 marriages, 5
deaths, 3 migrations, and 11 people mentioned. All of this information has
the same source and citation because it all came from those 19 lines of
text. Also it happens that those 19 lines of text span part of 2 pages so my
citation is "Page 490-491".

Re: Form and Sourses

enno
Hello Michail,

> When there are more than 7,000 people in the family tree, a clear
> hierarchy is required. In addition, there is a specificity in the
> Russian funds and the hierarchy of the names of the cases.

Assuming that registers don't differ that much in the world, you always
have things like baptism books created by specific churches, and these
books having multiple volumes, pages, and record or line numbers. Same
for marriages, burials, and births and deaths in case of civil registries.

I never use forms, which makes life much easier for me, and try to
create a source for each register, being either one held by a specific
church, or by a municipality, putting register type, place name, and
church name (when needed) in the title, and volume, page, and record
number in the citation. This means that the number of sources that I
have sort of equals the number of churches and municipalities of people
in my database.

Another method is to put just the name of the church (including place
name) or municipality in the title, and use the volume/page field for
record type, volume, page, and line or record number.

Re: Form and Sourses

On 08/12/2018 12:53, Михаил Болоничев wrote:
I have one source for my research, called the Metric Book (or the Book of the Orthodox Church, the main source of information about births, marriages, and deaths during the Russian Empire). I creating form in form addon, but i can`t using this source few time for each event. Is it possible to fix it?

This is a known limitation of the Forms addon.  It is not possible to use multiple forms for mixed registers.  As far as I can remember, if you specify more than one "Form" attribute on a source, only the first will be used.

Re: Form and Sourses

Михаил Болоничев
Thank you all.

I thought to get through the addon form a quick way to enter information. Apparently, just typing in the manual reshim will be easier. I usually do that.

I already think that it is probably worth entering data into an Excel spreadsheet and converting it to csv.

Yes, I think that the records in the churches in different countries are not very different. For example, columns in the first part, about birth, on one page, more precisely on the left and right pages, contain 3-5 entries:
Column 1. Score male born
Column 2. Female born count
Column 3. Date of birth
Column 4. Date of baptism.
Column 5. Names of births.
Column 6. Title, Surname, name and patronymic of parents, religion.
Column 7. Names of the godfather and godmother.
Column 8. Name of the priest who committed baptism.
Column 9. Signatures (optional)

The ideal option is to receive data on two events - birth (with the creation of a family of parents), and baptism (with the creation of a connection between godparents and a child).

Mikhail