Forms gramplet...

zed

Forms gramplet...

zed
Using Gramps v4.2.6 on Linux Mint v18.3 Mate

At present my research is confined to the U.K.and I am entering Sources
for the Form gramplet.

I have successfully created the Census Sources for both England and Wales
and Scotland for the years 1841 to 1911 (1901 for Scotland) with the
Attributes "Form" and Value UK(appropriate year).  and they all show when
I load the Forms gramplet.

However, nothing else I try seems to work.  So, obviously, I am doing
something incorrectly.  For example, I created a Source with

Title" English Birth Certificates
Attributes  Form
Value  Birth Certificate

and this is how I did it

(a) Click on Sources
(b) Click on the + sign
(c) Type English Birth Certificate
(d) Click on Attributes
(e) Click on + sign
(f) Enter "Form" (without the quote marks, in Attribute
(g) Enter "Birth Certificate" without the quote marks, in Value
(h) Click on OK
(i) Click on OK

but it did not show up in the available forms in the Forms Gramplet.

I want to creat sources for

(b) Birth
(c) Marriage
(d) Death

for both Englands and Wales and Scotland and seek help from the List as to
the correct Title for the Sources in each case, and the Values for each,
please?
--
zed
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly

Re: Forms gramplet...

J. Allen Crider-2
My guess is that you are using the wrong "Value".  "Value" must match
the id used in the forms definition file.  On my installation (Linux) I
have form_us.xml and form.xml in ~/.gramps/gramps42/plugins/Form.
form.xml contains the definition

        <form id='UKBirth' type='Birth' title='English Birth Certificate'>

With this definition you need attribute "Form" and value "UKBirth".
form.xml also contains definitions with ids "UKMarriage" and "UKBirth".
If you don't have the definitions you need, there is more information at
https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Form_Addons on how to
create new definitions and where to put them.

Allen Crider

On 12/30/2017 01:30 AM, zed wrote:

> Using Gramps v4.2.6 on Linux Mint v18.3 Mate
>
> At present my research is confined to the U.K.and I am entering Sources
> for the Form gramplet.
>
> I have successfully created the Census Sources for both England and Wales
> and Scotland for the years 1841 to 1911 (1901 for Scotland) with the
> Attributes "Form" and Value UK(appropriate year).  and they all show when
> I load the Forms gramplet.
>
> However, nothing else I try seems to work.  So, obviously, I am doing
> something incorrectly.  For example, I created a Source with
>
> Title" English Birth Certificates
> Attributes  Form
> Value  Birth Certificate
>
> and this is how I did it
>
> (a) Click on Sources
> (b) Click on the + sign
> (c) Type English Birth Certificate
> (d) Click on Attributes
> (e) Click on + sign
> (f) Enter "Form" (without the quote marks, in Attribute
> (g) Enter "Birth Certificate" without the quote marks, in Value
> (h) Click on OK
> (i) Click on OK
>
> but it did not show up in the available forms in the Forms Gramplet.
>
> I want to creat sources for
>
> (b) Birth
> (c) Marriage
> (d) Death
>
> for both Englands and Wales and Scotland and seek help from the List as to
> the correct Title for the Sources in each case, and the Values for each,
> please?

zed

Re: Forms gramplet...

zed
"J. Allen Crider" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My guess is that you are using the wrong "Value".  "Value" must match
> the id used in the forms definition file.  On my installation (Linux) I
> have form_us.xml and form.xml in ~/.gramps/gramps42/plugins/Form.
> form.xml contains the definition
>
> <form id='UKBirth' type='Birth' title='English Birth Certificate'>
>
> With this definition you need attribute "Form" and value "UKBirth".
> form.xml also contains definitions with ids "UKMarriage" and "UKBirth".
> If you don't have the definitions you need, there is more information at
> https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Form_Addons on how to
> create new definitions and where to put them.
[snip]

Thank you Allen. I had entered the incorrect Value.  Took a look at the
xml file, as you suggested, and found it was identical to your sample.
Made the necessary alterations and  I am now very happy geriatric!

David
--
zed
I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.