Forms help

GRAMPS - User mailing list
Hi....

Just installed Gramps and soon after the Forms add on.

However all I can see are the Census part. I have looked for the  forms.xml
file but even though I have shown hidden files option set I cannot find the
form folder or its contents.

Can anyone suggest what I am doing.

Tom

Re: Forms help

Brad Rogers
On Sun, 25 Mar 2018 20:00:13 +0000
Tom Beckham via Gramps-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Tom,

>Can anyone suggest what I am doing.

Probably nothing wrong;  Until such time as you set up a source with the
relevant Form Attribute, nothing will be available.

The XML files will be in (assuming Linux based on your mention of Show
Hidden Files) ~/.gramps/grampsXY/plugins/Form, where XY denotes two
digits (most likely 42) indicating the version of Gramps.

Form Attributes will be something like:

UKBirth for England/Wales Birth Registrations
IE1911  for the Irish 1911 Census
CY1901  for the Welsh 1901 Census
UK1861  for the English/Welsh Census
US1900  for the USA Census

I don't use the BMD form events, so my memory may be incorrect, but I
think they don't appear in the list with Census events shown in the Form
Gramplet (usually at bottom of the People screen) but only in the Person
view window of involved parties.

--
 Regards  _
Now I found you out, I don't think you're so smart

Re: Forms help

GRAMPS - User mailing list
Thanks fur your quick reply  Brad,

I am using Windows 10 version.  That may be why I cannot see the file?

I read online that births marriages and deaths were available in the forms when you enter the codes.  It works for census using the wiki codes for census.
I only see the codes for census in the wiki article. Is  there a list  available for these others events?

Tom

On Sun, 25 Mar 2018, 9:40 pm Brad Rogers, <[hidden email]> wrote:sts
On Sun, 25 Mar 2018 20:00:13 +0000
Tom Beckham via Gramps-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Tom,

>Can anyone suggest what I am doing.

Probably nothing wrong;  Until such time as you set up a source with the
relevant Form Attribute, nothing will be available.

The XML files will be in (assuming Linux based on your mention of Show
Hidden Files) ~/.gramps/grampsXY/plugins/Form, where XY denotes two
digits (most likely 42) indicating the version of Gramps.

Form Attributes will be something like:

UKBirth for England/Wales Birth Registrations
IE1911  for the Irish 1911 Census
CY1901  for the Welsh 1901 Census
UK1861  for the English/Welsh Census
US1900  for the USA Census

I don't use the BMD form events, so my memory may be incorrect, but I
think they don't appear in the list with Census events shown in the Form
Gramplet (usually at bottom of the People screen) but only in the Person
view window of involved parties.

--
 Regards  _
         / )           "The blindingly obvious is
        / _)rad        never immediately apparent"
Now I found you out, I don't think you're so smart
Who Are You - Black Sabbath

Re: Forms help

GRAMPS - User mailing list
Hi Sam

Thanks for your efforts.

First thoughts are that the third item with the code list only has census and not the codes for birth marriage and deaths?

These are supposed to be active  in the add on according to the write up.

Will look at the others now.  Think I have already seen those as well.

Tom

On Sun, 25 Mar 2018, 10:52 pm Sam Manzi, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Tom,

This addon has three support pages

The main support page:
https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Form_Addons

The Form testing area
https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Form_Testing

And the one you most likely want is the Form Definitions page
https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Form_Definitions

Kind Regards
Sam

On 26 March 2018 at 08:33, Tom Beckham via Gramps-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks fur your quick reply  Brad,

I am using Windows 10 version.  That may be why I cannot see the file?

I read online that births marriages and deaths were available in the forms when you enter the codes.  It works for census using the wiki codes for census.
I only see the codes for census in the wiki article. Is  there a list  available for these others events?

Tom

Re: Forms help

GRAMPS - User mailing list

Hi Tom

You are correct non of wiki pages have information

Location in Windows
C:\Users\phil\AppData\Roaming\gramps\gramps42\plugins\Form\form_gb.xml

You will meed an XML editor Micorosft have free version on website

UKBirth
UKDeath
UKMarriage

Are the codes and are 1st 3 in code

Regards
Phil
MLFHS 12583
Dumfries
On 26/03/2018 00:22, Tom Beckham via Gramps-users wrote:

> Hi Sam
>

> Thanks for your efforts.
>
> First thoughts are that the third item with the code list only has census
> and not the codes for birth marriage and deaths?
>
> These are supposed to be active  in the add on according to the write up.
>
> Will look at the others now.  Think I have already seen those as well.
>
> Tom
>
> On Sun, 25 Mar 2018, 10:52 pm Sam Manzi, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> This addon has three support pages
>>
>> The main support page:
>> https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Form_Addons
>>
>> The Form testing area
>> https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Form_Testing
>>
>> And the one you most likely want is the Form Definitions page
>> https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Form_Definitions
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Sam
>>
>> On 26 March 2018 at 08:33, Tom Beckham via Gramps-users <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks fur your quick reply  Brad,
>>>
>>> I am using Windows 10 version.  That may be why I cannot see the file?
>>>
>>> I read online that births marriages and deaths were available in the
>>> forms when you enter the codes.  It works for census using the wiki codes
>>> for census.
>>> I only see the codes for census in the wiki article. Is  there a list
>>> available for these others events?
>>>
>>> Tom

Re: Forms help

GRAMPS - User mailing list

Hi Sam
Thats was quick, except you now have 2 headings "Miscellaneous Forms"
one entirely UK the other US

Regards
Phil
MLFHS 12583