Forms only working for the census event?

Forms only working for the census event?

Kaj Mikkelsen
Hi

I would like to have the forms gramplet to work for all event types, but
I cannot find where to associate the forms gramplet with a specific event.
The website mentions a form editor,  but I cannot find it.

/Kaj

Re: Forms only working for the census event?

Kaj Mikkelsen
Sorry should have added: running on linux mint 18.3 and gramps 4.2.5

/Kaj

On 01/21/2018 04:50 PM, Kaj Mikkelsen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to have the forms gramplet to work for all event types, but
> I cannot find where to associate the forms gramplet with a specific event.
> The website mentions a form editor,  but I cannot find it.
>
> /Kaj

Re: Forms only working for the census event?

prculley

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 10:23 AM, Kaj Mikkelsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry should have added: running on linux mint 18.3 and gramps 4.2.5

/Kaj

On 01/21/2018 04:50 PM, Kaj Mikkelsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to have the forms gramplet to work for all event types, but
> I cannot find where to associate the forms gramplet with a specific event.
> The website mentions a form editor,  but I cannot find it.
>
> /Kaj

Re: Forms only working for the census event?

J. Allen Crider-2
I don't know that it makes sense to have the forms gramplet work for all
event types.  It is intended for those that have some type of standard
document associated with them, such as census pages, birth, death, and
marriage certificates, some military records, etc. See
https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Form_Definitions
for a list supported forms.  The page
https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Form_Addons
shows how to associate a Source with a supported form.  The page also
has a section on writing your own definitions if you want to add a new
form that is not supported out of the box.  The form editor is used for
entering data from a form after you've associated a form with a Source.

Allen

On 01/21/2018 10:23 AM, Kaj Mikkelsen wrote:

> Sorry should have added: running on linux mint 18.3 and gramps 4.2.5
>
> /Kaj
>

> On 01/21/2018 04:50 PM, Kaj Mikkelsen wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I would like to have the forms gramplet to work for all event types, but
>> I cannot find where to associate the forms gramplet with a specific event.
>> The website mentions a form editor,  but I cannot find it.
>>
>> /Kaj

Re: Forms only working for the census event?

Kaj Mikkelsen

Thanks for the links, I knew them.
In fact I wrote the definition for the Danish census's
But in Sweden there is both census, "Församlingsböcker" And "Husförhörsprotokoll" that could use form definitions.
"Församlingsböcker" is a book where the minister kept track of all people in the congregation. Thus it is a place, where you have information about the whole family, and it would be nice to be able to edit it just like you do for a census.
The same goes for "Husförhörsprotokoll" which is a record about how well the family know the bible, and how well they are able to read and write and this examination happened once a year.
So I may have to create two new events, and I would like to use forms for these events.
And I have looked in the documentation and googled, but not found anything on how to enable forms for a specifik event.
I would be happy if you could point me in the right direction.

/Kaj

On 01/21/2018 08:34 PM, Paul Culley wrote:

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 10:23 AM, Kaj Mikkelsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry should have added: running on linux mint 18.3 and gramps 4.2.5

/Kaj

On 01/21/2018 04:50 PM, Kaj Mikkelsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to have the forms gramplet to work for all event types, but
> I cannot find where to associate the forms gramplet with a specific event.
> The website mentions a form editor,  but I cannot find it.
>
> /Kaj

Re: Forms only working for the census event?

Nick Hall
On 23/01/18 11:20, Kaj Mikkelsen wrote:
> I would be happy if you could point me in the right direction.

The form type in the definition is used for the event type.

Re: Forms only working for the census event?

Kaj Mikkelsen
So obvious and simple.
Looked at it for hours without finding it.
Talk about a blind spot.

When I have worked some with the swedish part of my family, I will
upload forms that fits with the Swedish registers

Thanks again.
/Kaj