Forms problem in Gramps

GRAMPS - User mailing list
Hi, I am using Gramps in Windows 10. I am having trouble using the Forms
gramplet.

I have defined a Form [UKBirth] in a source as in the Wiki pages. However
when i go to the Form gramplet to continue and use the Form selector the
Form tab does not attempt to open the gramplet.

Also i had previously successfully entered a Form [UKMarriage] however when
as a trial I went in to edit the Form data there seemed to be no way to
access this to do do.

Thanks again for any advice/help

Tom

Re: Forms problem in Gramps

Harvey Nimmo
Hi,
have you tried restarting Gramps after storing the form?

I seem to remember having a similar problem that I solved in htat way.

Cheers
Harvey

On Tue, 2018-05-08 at 02:34 -0700, Tom via Gramps-users wrote:

> Hi, I am using Gramps in Windows 10. I am having trouble using the
> Forms
> gramplet.
>
> I have defined a Form [UKBirth] in a source as in the Wiki pages.
> However
> when i go to the Form gramplet to continue and use the Form selector
> the
> Form tab does not attempt to open the gramplet.
>
> Also i had previously successfully entered a Form [UKMarriage]
> however when
> as a trial I went in to edit the Form data there seemed to be no way
> access this to do do.
>
> Thanks again for any advice/help
>
> Tom
>

> --
> Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.h
> tml

Re: Forms problem in Gramps

GRAMPS - User mailing list
Hello Harvey,

I have just restarted Gramps and the Form button does not work. wondering if
a re-install would help?

Tom

Re: Forms problem in Gramps

Harvey Nimmo
Hi Tom,

I wouldn't try re-installing, but if you are using WIndows, then maybe
that could help (typical Windows advice).

Gramps seems not to refresh the forms cache, when a new form is
created. Thus the restart advice. (But I may be wrong there). You needto be sure that the xml forms are in the right place.

Try selecting the 'People' tab, and from there try loading the Forms
Gramplet. If it loads, there will be 'New' and 'Edit' buttons at the
bottom of the pane. Select 'New' to get a list of available forms. A
new window should open with the selected form.

Cheers
Harvey

On Tue, 2018-05-08 at 03:47 -0700, Tom via Gramps-users wrote:

> Hello Harvey,
>
> I have just restarted Gramps and the Form button does not work.
> wondering if
> a re-install would help?
>
> Tom
>

> --
> Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.h
> tml

Re: Forms problem in Gramps

GRAMPS - User mailing list
Hi Harvey

That's the problem the Form tab does not go anywhere. It's as if the link has gone?

Tom