French translation

Guillaume Pratte
Hello,

It's been a while since I did any French translation for Gramps. My primary
goal for translating was for my father, and for now he is still using
version 1 (his Debian installation is in need of upgrading :-).

Fortunatly, a new person shows interests in translating Gramps. His name is
Jean-Bernard Jacquet, and he sent me an updated fr.po by mail.

In order to check his work, I would like to know if there is any special
branches we are working on right now, or if I should just use HEAD to compare
the po files.

Thanks,

Guillaume Pratte

Re: French translation

Don Allingham
On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 23:38 -0400, Guillaume Pratte wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It's been a while since I did any French translation for Gramps. My primary
> goal for translating was for my father, and for now he is still using
> version 1 (his Debian installation is in need of upgrading :-).
>
> Fortunatly, a new person shows interests in translating Gramps. His name is
> Jean-Bernard Jacquet, and he sent me an updated fr.po by mail.
>
> In order to check his work, I would like to know if there is any special
> branches we are working on right now, or if I should just use HEAD to compare
> the po files.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Guillaume Pratte

The current branch is gramps20. HEAD is for the 2.2 branch, which is a
long way from being released.

--
Don Allingham
http://don.allingham.org

Re: French translation

Alex Roitman
Guillaume,

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 23:38 -0400, Guillaume Pratte wrote:

> It's been a while since I did any French translation for Gramps. My primary
> goal for translating was for my father, and for now he is still using
> version 1 (his Debian installation is in need of upgrading :-).
>
> Fortunatly, a new person shows interests in translating Gramps. His name is
> Jean-Bernard Jacquet, and he sent me an updated fr.po by mail.
> In order to check his work, I would like to know if there is any special
> branches we are working on right now, or if I should just use HEAD to compare
> the po files.

Both Jean-Bernard and yourself should be using gramps20 branch. HEAD is
for the next generation of gramps, it is broken in many ways and the
strings are changing wildly.

Let me know if you have problems checking things in/out or if
Jean-Bernard wants to get CVS access and commit things himself.

Thanks,
Alex