Fwd: Add an event - let baptism follow after birth

Fwd: Add an event - let baptism follow after birth

Oliver Lehmann
looks like this never reached the list?!

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von Oliver Lehmann <[hidden email]> -----
   Datum: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 19:15:10 +0100
     Von: Oliver Lehmann <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Re: [Gramps-users] Add an event - let baptism follow after birth
      An: [hidden email]

Hi Nick,

perfect - I changed it locally to

     def default_types(self):
         return [
             EventType(EventType.RELIGION),
             EventType(EventType.BIRTH),
             EventType(EventType.CHRISTEN),
             EventType(EventType.DEATH),
             EventType(EventType.BURIAL),
             ]

If there would be a configurable setting - wow that would be cool.
But maybe I'm the only one with that need ;)

I need to remember that for the next update :)

Best regards,
Oliver

Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 20/02/18 00:52, Dave Scheipers wrote:
>> I thought I saw the logic used to determine which Event type to preset
>> while perusing the code files. Now that I'm looking for it, cannot
>> seem to find it. Do you know which file it is in?
>
> The default event types are set here:
>
> https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/blob/master/gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/personeventembedlist.py#L102
>

> Nick.

Hi Nick,

perfect - I changed it locally to

     def default_types(self):
         return [
             EventType(EventType.RELIGION),
             EventType(EventType.BIRTH),
             EventType(EventType.CHRISTEN),
             EventType(EventType.DEATH),
             EventType(EventType.BURIAL),
             ]

If there would be a configurable setting - wow that would be cool.
But maybe I'm the only one with that need ;)

I need to remember that for the next update :)

Best regards,
Oliver

Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 20/02/18 00:52, Dave Scheipers wrote:
>> I thought I saw the logic used to determine which Event type to preset
>> while perusing the code files. Now that I'm looking for it, cannot
>> seem to find it. Do you know which file it is in?
>
> The default event types are set here:
>
> https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/blob/master/gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/personeventembedlist.py#L102
>

> Nick.

Re: Fwd: Add an event - let baptism follow after birth

Nick Hall
On 23/02/18 18:07, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
> If there would be a configurable setting - wow that would be cool.
> But maybe I'm the only one with that need ;)

If you open a feature request someone may be interested in implementing it.