Fwd: Adding image of signatures, don't display as image in tree

Fwd: Adding image of signatures, don't display as image in tree

Gustav Tiger

I'm adding signatures for a few persons in my tree. The problem is that I don't want these to be displayed as if it was an image of the person in my tree. Is there any way to do this? According to the code, the first image of a person is selected as a portrait. So perhaps there is not much to do about that unless Gramps could introduce some sort of media type (person, tombstone, signature, etc)?

Suggestions?

Cheers,
Tiger

Re: Fwd: Adding image of signatures, don't display as image in tree

Nick Hall
On 28/03/2019 11:01, Gustav Tiger wrote:
> I'm adding signatures for a few persons in my tree. The problem is
> that I don't want these to be displayed as if it was an image of the
> person in my tree. Is there any way to do this? According to the code,
> the first image of a person is selected as a portrait. So perhaps
> there is not much to do about that unless Gramps could introduce some
> sort of media type (person, tombstone, signature, etc)?
>
> Suggestions?

Set the media as private.

Re: Fwd: Adding image of signatures, don't display as image in tree

Gustav Tiger
Marking it as private doesn't seem to have any effect on it's display in the charts inside of Gramps.

/ Tiger

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 2:58 PM Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 28/03/2019 11:01, Gustav Tiger wrote:
> I'm adding signatures for a few persons in my tree. The problem is
> that I don't want these to be displayed as if it was an image of the
> person in my tree. Is there any way to do this? According to the code,
> the first image of a person is selected as a portrait. So perhaps
> there is not much to do about that unless Gramps could introduce some
> sort of media type (person, tombstone, signature, etc)?
>
> Suggestions?

Set the media as private.

On 28/03/2019 15:03, Gustav Tiger wrote:
> Marking it as private doesn't seem to have any effect on it's display
> in the charts inside of Gramps.

Which charts?  This could be a bug.

Re: Fwd: Adding image of signatures, don't display as image in tree

Put the Image of the signature in the Gallery of the Source/Citation
Documenting where you found the Signature; deed, will etc. If the
citation is not specific to an event but a more general biographical
set of information the Citation can be attached to the Person's
Source/Citation tab.

An option to consider, Dave