Fwd: Re: How to add gramplet in right an bottom bar?

Fwd: Re: How to add gramplet in right an bottom bar?

Hivernat Emmanuel

Hello,

I have found another solution but your's is better (simple), It's for me a first step to enter behind the screen and try to understand python.
I've just test it, it runs now well, thanks

Of course I know that it's a .0 version but if nobody test in real life ...

Regards

Le 10/06/2013 11:17, Benny Malengier a écrit :

2013/6/9 Serge Noiraud <[hidden email]>
Le 07/06/2013 20:13, Hivernat Emmanuel a écrit :
> Hello
>
> Normally to add a gramplet for example in right bar or bottom bar in
> event window We must click on the top right arrow, but for me nothing
> appends so it's impossible to add or remove a gramplet!
>
> For Information i run Gramps 4.0.0 in ubuntu 13.04
> As I update from 3.4 the existing gramplets in my old config exist and
> run well
Same problem here. I think it's a gtk3 problem on ubuntu.

> Is it a known bug? Perhaps something to do in the right and bottom bar
> gramplet?

Did I not fix it in 40 branch already?

In GTK3, Gtk.menu must be assigned to a variable that is not removed at end of lifetime of the function.
so a change of

    menu = Gtk.Menu( ...

    self.newmenu = Gtk.Menu(...
    menu = self.newmenu

If still on branch 40, put a bug on the roadmap, and a developer needs to hunt where above change needs to be done. The dangers of a .0 release ...

Benny

http://p.sf.net/sfu/servicenow-d2d-j