[Fwd: Re: source of gedcom import]

Anton Huber

Hello Alex,

Alex Roitman wrote:
Anton,

On 05/25/2005 09:01:27 AM, Anton Huber wrote:

since the new version 2 a source is generated by importing an gedcom
file.

Could you please be more specific? What is the portion of GEDCOM
responsible for this, and what source it creates that it should not?

Every person in my database has an source called "Aus 20050524.ged importieren" S0000. I do not want to have this, because if I want to give my database other people there will be "source rubbish".

Can I delete is? If I want to delete it in "Source" I cannot
because Gramps stops.

You should be able to delete any source you wish. What exactly
happens when 'Gramps stops'? If you start gramps from the terminal,
any messages you see when it stops?

Nothing is show in the terminal.
 if I click on the button for deleting source, there comes an question if I want really want to delete it. After clicking on this button (the source for all persons shout delete so, is not it?). Nothing happens. I can change it for all, but not deleting.

Or can you make an option not exporting sources while exporting
an gedcom file?

Why export? Was the GEDCOM produced by GRAMPS as well?

I want to export the database to gedcom file for other persons and saving the database.
But now this bug came:

Bei GRAMPS trat ein interner Fehler auf.
Bitte kopieren Sie die Nachricht und melden Sie den Fehler unter
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps oder schicken Sie eine
E-Mail an [hidden email]

GRAMPS : 2.0.1-1
LANG : de_DE.UTF-8
Python : 2.3.4 final
GTK : 2.4.14
PyGTK : 2.4.1
OS : Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/gramps/WriteGedcom.py", line 1241, in exportData
    ret = gw.export_data(filename)
  File "/usr/share/gramps/WriteGedcom.py", line 627, in export_data
    self.write_person(person)
  File "/usr/share/gramps/WriteGedcom.py", line 812, in write_person
    if birth.get_description() != "":
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_description'

I'm confused :-)
Alex