GEDCOM Export Option

beagle10
I would like to export my genealogy collection in a GEDCOM format.  In this
export, I do not want living individual's names to appear as <private> and
any notes excluded.  Is there any feature in GRAMPS to get this desired
export?
GRAMPS export tab is blank with nothing under options.

Last few weeks I have been using GRAMPS 5.00-alpha3 with caution.  One
feature good in this version is that it has auto backup feature.

Thanks in advance for help.

Re: GEDCOM Export Option

J. Allen Crider-2
This may be a reason not to be using 5.0 yet.  I don't recall ever
having this problem with any version of Gramps that I've ever used and I
know 4.2.6 has options to include living people, replace the names of
living people, or don't include living people when exporting to GEDCOM.

On 11/09/2017 05:00 PM, beagle10 wrote:

> I would like to export my genealogy collection in a GEDCOM format.  In this
> export, I do not want living individual's names to appear as <private> and
> any notes excluded.  Is there any feature in GRAMPS to get this desired
> export?
> GRAMPS export tab is blank with nothing under options.
>
> Last few weeks I have been using GRAMPS 5.00-alpha3 with caution.  One
> feature good in this version is that it has auto backup feature.
>
> Thanks in advance for help.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

Re: GEDCOM Export Option

A bug had slipped into alpha3 that prevented the display of the Gedcom export options has since been fixed.

If you are would like to fix your installation, you can download the fixed file from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gramps-project/gramps/maintenance/gramps50/gramps/plugins/export/exportgedcom.py and replace the exportgedcom.py file in your installation with it.  Since you did not mention the your system type, I cannot tell you where to find it, but it will be with the rest of the Gramps python files in a sub-directory like ".../gramps/plugins/export".  For Windows this will be in the "C:\Program files\GrampsAIO64-5.0.0-alpha3".  Under Linux it might be "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages".

It is also possible to export your tree to XML, import into Gramps 4.2.6 or other recent release and then export again as Gedcom.
Or wait for Alpha-4.

Paul C.

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 5:00 PM, beagle10 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would like to export my genealogy collection in a GEDCOM format.  In this
export, I do not want living individual's names to appear as <private> and
any notes excluded.  Is there any feature in GRAMPS to get this desired
export?
GRAMPS export tab is blank with nothing under options.

Last few weeks I have been using GRAMPS 5.00-alpha3 with caution.  One
feature good in this version is that it has auto backup feature.

Thanks in advance for help.

Re: GEDCOM Export Option

beagle10
Allen and Paul,

Thank you for your valuable suggestions.  I will try your fix or wait for
the next alpha release.
On to another topic, I was hoping to get a Tree-display of places in the new
Gramps.  Still, I find it hard to build Places tree.

I am running Gramps under Linux Mint operating system.