GExiv2 for Image metadata - Ubuntu 14.04

GExiv2 for Image metadata - Ubuntu 14.04

Omar Kohl
Dear Devs,

the instructions in the Wiki concerning GExiv2
(https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=GEPS_029:_GTK3-GObject_introspection_Conversion#GExiv2_for_Image_metadata)
can be simplified for Ubuntu 14.04.

I installed following packages:

sudo apt-get install libgexiv2-2 libgexiv2-dev python-gi

and I could successfully run the command:

python -c "from gi.repository import GExiv2"

As expected Gramps no longer show the GExiv2 Popup on startup.

Kind regards,
Omar

--
Omar Kohl

Emails are not secure! They can be read and even modified by a
third party.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email#Privacy_concerns

Use OpenPGP for secure encryption: Thunderbird & Enigmail are
free and easy to configure.

Re: GExiv2 for Image metadata - Ubuntu 14.04

Nick Hall
Omar,

You can use:

sudo apt-get install gir1.2-gexiv2-0.10

The dependencies will be installed for you.

There are also packages available for gtkspell and osmgpsmap.

Ubuntu 14.04 suffers from a couple of Gtk bugs, including one in the
geography view.

Nick.