GRAMPS 2.0.2 ("Little fermented curd will do the trick") released

GRAMPS 2.0.2 ("Little fermented curd will do the trick") released

Don Allingham-2
The GRAMPS project is pleased to announce the release of GRAMPS 2.0.2.
This release provides performance improvements for large databases,
translation updates and many bug fixes.

Unfortunately for us, Sebastian Vöcking had to step down as our German
translator. Providing a language translation for GRAMPS can be a
considerable amount of work, and the development team would like to
thank Sebastian for considerable amount of effort he has contributed to
the project.

However, our German users should not despair. Anton Huber has
volunteered to take over the German translation and has put in an
amazing amount of effort in a very short period of time to provide a
full translation for 2.0.2.

Another factor that has helped us with this release is a new bug
tracking team headed by Trevor Rhodes. Trevor, along with help from
Jason Salaz and Kurt Weber, is helping us manage, track and prioritize
bug reports that we receive. This effort has helped us track down and
eliminate a lot of bugs in this release.

Version 2.0.2 -- the "Little fermented curd will do the trick" release
* Updated German translation (Anton Huber).
* Usability improvements for large databases.
* Bug fixes

--
Don Allingham
GRAMPS - Open Source Genealogy

Re: [Gramps-devel] GRAMPS 2.0.2 ("Little fermented curd will do the trick") released

Jay Treacy
GRAMPS 2.0.2 has been packaged for Debian and uploaded to the archive. It should
be available to users of sid (unstable) after Sundays upgrade.

For those who can't wait that long, and users of testing, you can grab
the file from http://people.debian.org/~treacy/gramps/gramps_2.0.2-1_all.deb

--
James Treacy

Re: [Gramps-devel] GRAMPS 2.0.2 ("Little fermented curd will do the trick") released

Don Allingham
Looks good. Installed just fine on Ubuntu.

Don