GRAMPS 2.2.1 "One, two, five!" Released

Don Allingham
The GRAMPS project is pleased to announce the first release of the 2.2.X
series. Due to a slight mistake in the numbering scheme, this version is
2.2.1 (the "One, two, five!" release).

The changes between the 2.0.11 and 2.1.1 are significant, and cannot be
easily summed up here. For an overview of the changes, see
http://gramps-project.org/whats_new/

Source code is available for download at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps

Packages for different distributions may become available over the next
several days.

Re: GRAMPS 2.2.1 "One, two, five!" Released

Gerald Britton-2
Great work!

One question:  Today I tried to update via SVN and got this message:

$ svn up gramps2
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/gramps/trunk/gramps2'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/gramps/trunk/gramps2': 301 Moved
Permanently (https://svn.sourceforge.net

What should I do?

On 10/29/06, Don Allingham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The GRAMPS project is pleased to announce the first release of the 2.2.X
> series. Due to a slight mistake in the numbering scheme, this version is
> 2.2.1 (the "One, two, five!" release).
>
> The changes between the 2.0.11 and 2.1.1 are significant, and cannot be
> easily summed up here. For an overview of the changes, see
> http://gramps-project.org/whats_new/
>
> Source code is available for download at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps
>
> Packages for different distributions may become available over the next
> several days.

Re: GRAMPS 2.2.1 "One, two, five!" Released

Gerald Britton-2
Great work!

One question:  Today I tried to update via SVN and got this message:

$ svn up gramps2
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/gramps/trunk/gramps2'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/gramps/trunk/gramps2': 301 Moved
Permanently (https://svn.sourceforge.net

What should I do?

On 10/29/06, Don Allingham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The GRAMPS project is pleased to announce the first release of the 2.2.X
> series. Due to a slight mistake in the numbering scheme, this version is
> 2.2.1 (the "One, two, five!" release).
>
> The changes between the 2.0.11 and 2.1.1 are significant, and cannot be
> easily summed up here. For an overview of the changes, see
> http://gramps-project.org/whats_new/
>
> Source code is available for download at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps
>
> Packages for different distributions may become available over the next
> several days.

Re: GRAMPS 2.2.1 "One, two, five!" Released

Anton Huber
Hello Gerald,
I had the same problem, but now it works again.

best regards,

Anton

Am Montag, 30. Oktober 2006 15:01 schrieb Gerald Britton:

> Great work!
>
> One question:  Today I tried to update via SVN and got this message:
>
> $ svn up gramps2
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/gramps/trunk/gramps2'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/gramps/trunk/gramps2': 301 Moved
> Permanently (https://svn.sourceforge.net
>
> What should I do?
>
> On 10/29/06, Don Allingham <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The GRAMPS project is pleased to announce the first release of the 2.2.X
> > series. Due to a slight mistake in the numbering scheme, this version is
> > 2.2.1 (the "One, two, five!" release).
> >
> > The changes between the 2.0.11 and 2.1.1 are significant, and cannot be
> > easily summed up here. For an overview of the changes, see
> > http://gramps-project.org/whats_new/
> >
> > Source code is available for download at
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps
> >
> > Packages for different distributions may become available over the next
> > several days.

Re: [Gramps-announce] GRAMPS 2.2.1 "One, two, five!" Released

Jay Treacy
On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 06:18:30PM -0700, Don Allingham wrote:
> The GRAMPS project is pleased to announce the first release of the 2.2.X
> series. Due to a slight mistake in the numbering scheme, this version is
> 2.2.1 (the "One, two, five!" release).

The Debian package has been uploaded to the archive and will be available
after the mirrors are next updated. Until then, it is available from
http://incoming.debian.org/gramps_2.2.1-1_all.deb

--
James Treacy

Re: GRAMPS 2.2.1 "One, two, five!" Released

Graeme Nichols
Don Allingham wrote:

> The GRAMPS project is pleased to announce the first release of the 2.2.X
> series. Due to a slight mistake in the numbering scheme, this version is
> 2.2.1 (the "One, two, five!" release).
>
> The changes between the 2.0.11 and 2.1.1 are significant, and cannot be
> easily summed up here. For an overview of the changes, see
> http://gramps-project.org/whats_new/
>
> Source code is available for download at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps
>
> Packages for different distributions may become available over the next
> several days.

Hello All,

Would it be possible for some kind soul to build a source rpm so that
those distributions that use the Redhat Package Manager can 'rpm
--rebuild <src package>' to create a binary rpm package for their
particular distribution?

This may save a lot of work building binary rpm packages for every
different distributions that use the RPM system.

Thanks

Kind regards,

Graeme.
Download my GnuPG public key from:-
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/gnichols/graemenichols.pub

Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle science fiction.

Re: GRAMPS 2.2.1 "One, two, five!" Released

Cathy Phillips
I have Genealogy Desktop 2.0, clicked on link to download the release,
when the download finished on the package installer got this error

Dependency is not satisfible: python-central.

What do I do? Package Installer is still open.

Cathy

Re: [Gramps-announce] GRAMPS 2.2.1 "One, two, five!" Released

Richard Bos-3
On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 08:12:08PM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 06:18:30PM -0700, Don Allingham wrote:
> > The GRAMPS project is pleased to announce the first release of the 2.2.X
> > series. Due to a slight mistake in the numbering scheme, this version is
> > 2.2.1 (the "One, two, five!" release).
>
> The Debian package has been uploaded to the archive and will be available
> after the mirrors are next updated. Until then, it is available from
> http://incoming.debian.org/gramps_2.2.1-1_all.deb
>
> --
> James Treacy
> [hidden email]

For suse (10.0 and beyond) they are available from:
http://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/home:/rbos/SL-10.1_i586/

The src rpm is available there as well.

--
Richard