GRAMPS Places usage question

Re: Forum?

Brad Rogers
On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 16:05:41 -0400
Craig Treleaven <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Craig,

>The “workflow” for forums is just a little different from that of
>participating in a mailing list.

Everything you say can be done in forums can be done in an MUA.
*Without* the need of having to visit a web site and log in.  Multiply
that by the 150 or more ML's I'm subbed to.........

Forums are only better than MLs when the number of forums joined is
less than one.

--
 Regards  _
Did you do it for fame, did you do it in a fit?

Re: Forum?

Paul Franklin-5
I hope this thread doesn't degenerate into one where people
who favor one over the other keep on listing the reasons they
like one or the other.

Surely the world has seen enough "discussions" like that?

We all know you like what you like.  That's fine.

But trying to convince people of your preference usually fails.

And just wastes bandwidth for the rest of us.  8-)

Thanks.

Re: Forum?

Bret Busby-2
On 26/06/2017, Brad Rogers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 16:05:41 -0400
> Craig Treleaven <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Craig,
>
>>The “workflow” for forums is just a little different from that of
>>participating in a mailing list.
>
> Everything you say can be done in forums can be done in an MUA.
> *Without* the need of having to visit a web site and log in.  Multiply
> that by the 150 or more ML's I'm subbed to.........

And, for me, somewhere over 200, I think, which is where hundreds of
filters, some with hundreds of filter field values, come in useful.
pine/alpine is quite powerful for that.

> Forums are only better than MLs when the number of forums joined is
> less than one.

I like that. Is that copyrighted (or, should that be "copyritten?)?

:)

--

Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
 Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
 "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
 A Trilogy In Four Parts",
 written by Douglas Adams,
 published by Pan Books, 1992

Re: Forum?

Brad Rogers
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 02:25:15 +0800
Bret Busby <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Bret,

>> Forums are only better than MLs when the number of forums joined is
>> less than one.
>I like that. Is that copyrighted (or, should that be "copyritten?)?

{smiley noted}

I think it's "Is that copyright?"  In any case, no.  Feel free to
(ab)use it to your heart's content.

--
 Regards  _
You never listen to a word that I said