GRAMPS turns 5

Don Allingham
It was 5 years ago tomorrow (April 21) that the GRAMPS project made its
debut. I was asked to write a retrospective of the past five years. You
can read it at http://blog.gramps-project.org

Don

Re: GRAMPS turns 5

Bugzilla from laurent.protois@free.fr
Happy Birthday Gramps !!!

Great thanks for all developpers
and particularly Don and Alex, always on stage,
i really enjoy to do my genealogy on linux
with Gramps.

God Bless you !
Laurent

Re: [Gramps-devel] GRAMPS turns 5

Espen Berg-3
Don Allingham wrote:
> It was 5 years ago tomorrow (April 21) that the GRAMPS project made its
> debut. I was asked to write a retrospective of the past five years. You
> can read it at http://blog.gramps-project.org

Congratulations with the five year birthday GRAMPS!
A special thanks to all the developers that make the program strong and
flexible!

Espen

Re: GRAMPS turns 5

Jim Winfrey
A couple of years ago, my son showed me a beautiful, clean uncluttered
operating system called Linux.  I was impressed.  The first thing I
did was to Google "Linux Genealogy" and Gramps came up at the top of
the list.  A look at the Sourceforge site convinced me this project
was for real.  I think Gramps will be the lever that moves a lot of
people over to the side of sanity.  Thanks to everyone who work on
this great software.

Jim

On 4/20/06, Don Allingham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It was 5 years ago tomorrow (April 21) that the GRAMPS project made its
> debut. I was asked to write a retrospective of the past five years. You
> can read it at http://blog.gramps-project.org
>
> Don

Re: GRAMPS turns 5

Thomas Weichmann
Congrats to all!!  Gramps is a shining star in the world of FOSS!!  It is too
bad that there are not more developers like you out there to make even more
great software possible.  I started using Gramps at version 0.2.0 which I
just found out was only two months after it was officially 'born'.  Even in
the 0.2.0 days, to me anyway, it was just as good as many of the Windows
commercial programs.  It was very stable and virtually never crashed.  Now 5
years later and we are well into version 2.x  This is just great.  Please
keep up the good work.

Tom Weichmann