Gaps in version 4 Wikis

Douglas Bainbridge
Both version 4 Wikis, 4.0 and 4.2, have sections referring to the Custom filter Editor and a tip:
Gnome-important.png
Tip

A filter you have already designed may be used as a rule for another filter. This gives you nearly infinite flexibility in custom-tailoring your selection criteria that can be later used in most of the exports, reports, and some of the tools (such as comparing individual events).

but have lost the link to the Wiki section that expanded on this called  "Example Filters" (https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Example_filters) that was present in gramps 3.x.

As both Wiki sources are protected I can't edit them to correct the omission - can somebody insert the missing link?

Thanks,

Doug

Re: Gaps in version 4 Wikis

manzi.sam
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Gaps in version 4 Wikis

Douglas Bainbridge
Hi Sam,

Many thanks for fixing the manuals - apologies for not giving you the links :(

After entering with my user ID and Pwd, I could not get past:

the action you have requested is limited ".....

but I don't recall seeing "Users" in "to users in one of the groups: Users, manual."

This was a bit frustrating as my earlier contributions to the Wikis were no longer editable either.
However I now see "User" as "one of the groups" and source is displayed in editable form.

Thanks,

Doug

On 24/03/16 20:20, Sam Manzi wrote:
Hi Doug,

You should have been able to edit the Gramps 4.2 user manual as it was not protected, what error did you see?

Normally once the user manual has rolled over the previous versions are protected.
Thanks
Sam

On 25 March 2016 at 06:31, Douglas Bainbridge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Both version 4 Wikis, 4.0 and 4.2, have sections referring to the Custom filter Editor and a tip:
Gnome-important.png
Tip

A filter you have already designed may be used as a rule for another filter. This gives you nearly infinite flexibility in custom-tailoring your selection criteria that can be later used in most of the exports, reports, and some of the tools (such as comparing individual events).

but have lost the link to the Wiki section that expanded on this called  "Example Filters" (https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Example_filters) that was present in gramps 3.x.

As both Wiki sources are protected I can't edit them to correct the omission - can somebody insert the missing link?

Thanks,

Doug

Transform Data into Opportunity.
Click to learn more.