Gedcom export ...

Bugzilla from laurent.protois@free.fr
Alex,

Always the same with new 2.0.11-2
What do you want as a test case ?

Here is what i do :
- i apply a filter, person name containing 'PROTOY'
- export Gedcom of all the database
  i hope it will take care of my filter ???
  it seems it doesn't ;-(

crash on charset (utf8) ???

GRAMPS vient de rencontrer une erreur interne.
Veuillez poster le message d'erreur à
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps ou envoyer
un message à [hidden email]

GRAMPS : 2.0.11-2
LANG : fr_FR
LANGUAGE : fr_FR:fr
Python : 2.4.1 final
GTK : 2.8.3
PyGTK : 2.6.2
OS : Mandriva Linux release 2006.0 (Official) for i586

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/gramps/WriteGedcom.py", line 1370, in exportData
    ret = gw.export_data(filename)
  File "/usr/share/gramps/WriteGedcom.py", line 610, in export_data
    self.write_families()
  File "/usr/share/gramps/WriteGedcom.py", line 694, in write_families
    self.writeln("2 TYPE %s" % ' '.join([self.cnvtxt(name),
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 1-3:
invalid data

Cheers,
Laurent

Re: Gedcom export ...

Alex Roitman
Laurent,

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 20:57 +0200, Laurent protois wrote:
> Always the same with new 2.0.11-2
> What do you want as a test case ?

I need a database that shows this problem on export,
along with the instructions on what to do to see
the problem.

Either grdb or XML would be fine. Email it to me,
or attach to the bug page.

> Here is what i do :
> - i apply a filter, person name containing 'PROTOY'
> - export Gedcom of all the database
>   i hope it will take care of my filter ???
>   it seems it doesn't ;-(

Does it only happen with the filter?
What if you export the entire database?

Alex