Gedcom update findagrave

Harold Murray
When will Gramps gedcom import support findagrave link and findagrave ID?

Jack

Re: Gedcom update findagrave

prculley
I was not aware that findagrave had a GEDCOM export function.  Or perhaps one of the other genealogy software packages somehow integrates with findagrave?

If you have an example of how this is exported (a GEDCOM file), maybe we could give you some advice.

P.S. Web links are often not very stable, many web sites modify the way they access their pages, and older links become not functional.  I don't know how stable links from findagrave would be...

Paul C.

On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 2:31 PM Harold Murray <[hidden email]> wrote:
When will Gramps gedcom import support findagrave link and findagrave ID?

Jack

Re: Gedcom update findagrave

GRAMPS - User mailing list
Victor,

I've been a member/contributor/Graver for 17 years · 11 months · 26 days.

In that time, I've seen 4 distinctly different & incompatible URL link structures on their service. The IDs have been convertible. For a limited transitional periods, they had handlers to to autoforward the old URL to the new.  But even if they hadn't changed, that is only 18 years.

But there is no such thing as a stable URL. The 30 years of the WWW existence would be too short a period of history for such a claim anyway.

-Brian

On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 16:36, Victor Engel