GeoView in Gramps 3.3.0

Peter Landgren
Hi,

When I switch to GeoView, I see this mesages onn the console:
** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: mapstraction
0
** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: setcenterandzoom

** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: selectmarkers

** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: addcrosshair

** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: mapstraction

** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: setcenterandzoom

** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded
OpenOffice path before fixup is '/usr/lib/ooo'
OpenOffice path is '/usr/lib/ooo'
OpenOffice path before fixup is '/usr/lib/ooo'
OpenOffice path is '/usr/lib/ooo'
** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded
** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded
** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded
** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: mapstraction

** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: setcenterandzoom

Is it something to worry about or shall I file a bug report?

Also the GeoView is not complete. I see only the latitude value. The rest of the status line
"erased" by the map "window"

/Peter

Re: GeoView in Gramps 3.3.0

Serge Noiraud-2
Hi, peter,

Le 20/03/2011 20:50, Peter Landgren a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> When I switch to GeoView, I see this mesages onn the console:
> ** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: mapstraction
> 0
> ** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: setcenterandzoom
>
> ** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: selectmarkers
>
> ** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: addcrosshair
>
> ** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: mapstraction
>
> ** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: setcenterandzoom
>
> ** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
> ** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded
> OpenOffice path before fixup is '/usr/lib/ooo'
> OpenOffice path is '/usr/lib/ooo'
> OpenOffice path before fixup is '/usr/lib/ooo'
> OpenOffice path is '/usr/lib/ooo'
> ** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
> ** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded
> ** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
> ** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded
> ** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
> ** (gramps.py:32344): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded
> ** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: mapstraction
>
> ** Message: console message: undefined @1: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: setcenterandzoom
>
> Is it something to worry about or shall I file a bug report?
>
> Also the GeoView is not complete. I see only the latitude value. The rest of the status line
> "erased" by the map "window"
I know that.
webkit is normaly unusable with the new gui ( hpaned widgets )
switch to mozilla in the geoview preferences.
with last gtkwebkit, it seems to be better on the next ubuntu natty.
> /Peter
Serge

Re: GeoView in Gramps 3.3.0

Helge@Gramps
Hi,
If I understood right that seems to be bad news for all Windows user (see also http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/Geography-in-trunk-td3385805.html) to loose GeoView.
So far I see there is no simple way for Windows user to get a mozilla package running. (May be it's my low knowledge... Are there any hints?).

-Helge

Re: GeoView in Gramps 3.3.0

Why do you say that there is no simple way to get GtkMozEmbed for Windows ?

It seems that Miro[1] uses it and I see some 'simple' steps[2].
Also Gtkmozembed for Python is part of PyGTK, right ?

[1] http://www.getmiro.com/
[2] http://exelearning.org/wiki/GtkMozEmbed

> If I understood right that seems to be bad news for all
> Windows user (see
> also  http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/Geography-in-trunk-td3385805.html
> http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/Geography-in-trunk-td3385805.html
> loose GeoView.
> So far I see there is no simple way for Windows user to get
> a mozilla
> package running. (May be it's my low knowledge... Are there
> any hints?).
>
> -Helge

> Nabble.com.

> Enable your software for Intel(R) Active Management
> Technology to meet the
> growing manageability and security demands of your
> customers. Businesses
> are taking advantage of Intel(R) vPro (TM) technology -
> will your software
> be a part of the solution? Download the Intel(R)
> Manageability Checker
> today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmar

Re: GeoView in Gramps 3.3.0

Helge@Gramps
Thank you for the hints. Of course there applications using mozilla on Windows. But as non-programmer I need an installer or any other kind of binaries (as typical for a lot of Windows users).
I looked before also on the pages of "http://exelearning.org/wiki/GtkMozEmbed" but my problem was and is again whether the link "http://download.cnet.com/exe_gre_20050805.zip" nor a search for exe_gre_20050805.zip through the web gives any result.
At this point I'm out of my possibility to follow the instruction on "http://exelearning.org/wiki/GtkMozEmbed" (but again, this may be a result of my low knowledge)

-Helge

Re: GeoView in Gramps 3.3.0

Did you look at pyGTK ?

The path sounds like python/Gtk binding:
c:\python24\Libs\site-packages\gtk2-2.0
x:\python25\Libs\site-packages\gtk2-x
y:\python26\Libs\site-packages\gtk2-x
z:\python27\Libs\site-packages\gtk2-x

http://www.pygtk.org/pygtkmozembed/class-gtkmozembed.html

It seems that linux users need to install gnome-python-extras (or
something like that) and that gtkmozembed.dll is already installed for
Windows users via PyGtk !!!

This will be different with Gtk3, but I suppose it will be active by
default for Windows users ?

Jérôme

Helge@Gramps a écrit :

> Thank you for the hints. Of course there applications using mozilla on
> Windows. But as non-programmer I need an installer or any other kind of
> binaries (as typical for a lot of Windows users).
> I looked before also on the pages of
> "http://exelearning.org/wiki/GtkMozEmbed" but my problem was and is again
> whether the link "http://download.cnet.com/exe_gre_20050805.zip" nor a
> search for exe_gre_20050805.zip through the web gives any result.
> At this point I'm out of my possibility to follow the instruction on
> "http://exelearning.org/wiki/GtkMozEmbed" (but again, this may be a result
> of my low knowledge)
>
> -Helge

Re: GeoView in Gramps 3.3.0

Helge@Gramps
It would be great to have gtkmozembed.dll some where on my Windows system after installing PyGTK.
But it's a pity, I can't agree this comment: Nowhere on my PC is gtkmozembed.dll to find.

-Helge

Re: GeoView in Gramps 3.3.0

Helge@Gramps
I just 'googled' for "+gtkmozembed.dll +windows". The result is less than pure (only a few pages and all of them from 2004..2006)
-Helge

Re: GeoView in Gramps 3.3.0

I do not know why ! :(

Maybe a part of xulrunner package ?
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/xulrunner/releases/2.0/runtimes/

Helge@Gramps a écrit :

> It would be great to have gtkmozembed.dll some where on my Windows system
> after installing PyGTK.
> But it's a pity, I can't agree this comment: Nowhere on my PC is
> gtkmozembed.dll to find.
>
> -Helge

Re: GeoView in Gramps 3.3.0

Maybe gtkmozembed.dll is no more used, or an other name ?

If still exist, I suppose it should be present for Miro under Windows OS ?
https://git.participatoryculture.org/miro/tree/tv/lib/frontends/widgets/gtk
http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/pculture.org/Miro/win/

Jérôme

> "+gtkmozembed.dll +windows". The result is less than
> pure (only a few pages and all of them from 2004..2006)
> -Helge

> Nabble.com.

> Enable your software for Intel(R) Active Management
> Technology to meet the
> growing manageability and security demands of your
> customers. Businesses
> are taking advantage of Intel(R) vPro (TM) technology -
> will your software
> be a part of the solution? Download the Intel(R)
> Manageability Checker
> today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmar

Re: GeoView in Gramps 3.3.0

Helge@Gramps
I tried all links following your suggestions, I did install Miro (looks not so bad) but finally I could not separate any gtkmozembed.dll or some thing what seems to do the same job.
-Helge

Re: GeoView in Gramps 3.3.0

jerome
Under Linux, we need python-gtkmozembed for Miro 3.0.1.
But do not need this dependency for Miro 3.5.1 anymore !

Try to get Miro version < 3.0.1 !

'gtkmozembed' module is called on 2.5 branch:

"""Functions to assist in setting up the DTV mozilla environment."""

        import os
        from miro import config
        from miro import prefs
        import gtkmozembed

https://git.participatoryculture.org/miro/tree/tv/platform/gtk-x11/plat/mozsetup.py?h=Miro-2.5

https://git.participatoryculture.org/miro/tree/tv/platform/gtk-x11/plat/frontends/widgets/widgetset.py?h=Miro-2.5

This really sounds like a part of pygtk or python under Windows !

> suggestions, I did install Miro (looks not
> so bad) but finally I could not separate any
> gtkmozembed.dll or some thing
> what seems to do the same job.
> -Helge

> Nabble.com.

> Enable your software for Intel(R) Active Management
> Technology to meet the
> growing manageability and security demands of your
> customers. Businesses
> are taking advantage of Intel(R) vPro (TM) technology -
> will your software
> be a part of the solution? Download the Intel(R)
> Manageability Checker
> today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmar

Re: GeoView in Gramps 3.3.0

Helge@Gramps
Well I went back until Miro 2.0 but there is nowhere any gtkmozembed.dll.
There is a lot of .pyd and .pyc stuff - May be there is some where an internal function called 'gtkmozembed'?
-Helge