Geographic Mapping - Getting it to work again?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Geographic Mapping - Getting it to work again?

Chris411
Hello all fellow Geno's

I find that the last update I've installed has multiple error messages in
relation to "start up" and any mapping work there after.

Has Gramps discontinued with this or is it now an optional extra that the
user needs to learn to install? If so how?
Running...
GRAMPS: 4.2.4
Python: 3.4.3 (default, Nov 28 2017, 16:41:13) [...
BSDDB: 6.0.1 (5, 3, 28)
LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
OS: Linux
Distribution: 4.4.0-109-generic

Id like it back please :)



--
Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Geographic Mapping - Getting it to work again?

Ron Johnson
On 01/14/2018 11:51 PM, Chris411 wrote:
> Hello all fellow Geno's
>
> I find that the last update I've installed has multiple error messages in
> relation to "start up" and any mapping work there after.

What are the messages?

> Has Gramps discontinued with this or is it now an optional extra that the
> user needs to learn to install? If so how?
> Running...
> GRAMPS: 4.2.4
> Python: 3.4.3 (default, Nov 28 2017, 16:41:13) [...
> BSDDB: 6.0.1 (5, 3, 28)
> LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
> OS: Linux
> Distribution: 4.4.0-109-generic
>
> Id like it back please :)

--
World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Geographic Mapping - Getting it to work again?

Serge Noiraud-2
In reply to this post by Chris411
Le 15/01/2018 à 06:51, Chris411 a écrit :
> Hello all fellow Geno's
>
> I find that the last update I've installed has multiple error messages in
> relation to "start up" and any mapping work there after.
 From what version of gramps ?
What messages ?
What is your linux distribution ?
It works correctly on all version of gramps (from 3.4 to 5.0 and dev)

>
> Has Gramps discontinued with this or is it now an optional extra that the
> user needs to learn to install? If so how?
> Running...
> GRAMPS: 4.2.4
> Python: 3.4.3 (default, Nov 28 2017, 16:41:13) [...
> BSDDB: 6.0.1 (5, 3, 28)
> LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
> OS: Linux
> Distribution: 4.4.0-109-generic
>
> Id like it back please :)

Serge


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Geographic Mapping - Getting it to work again?

Chris411
This post was updated on .
Ok the full picture as I remember it ...

My old version was a few steps back and had a"Category"... called maps or
geography or something like that Below "Places"... Do you remember that? I
simply clicked that bottom "Category"... it then opened to populate all my
people's location (that i've filled with Lat and Long), on the "World Map"
- then showed a "Pin" and If i moused over it ...I think it then showed
"who's who". This or something like it is now gone??

After my upgrade to the version above as stated... The NEW version at the
time, showed several error messages related to the mapping/ Geographic
component.

Error
OsmGpsMap - module not loaded...
me (string of text, "see gramps info to see how to fix?)

Then

Failed Loading View - The View Graph View did not load and reported and
error.

Then it starts ok .... but not sighted the maps in the Current version??

Has there been a change in the way Gramps now links to any mapping module?
Where do I look now and with the Errors is this affecting what I should
see??

Running Linux Mint 17.3

Thanks




--
Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
Gramps-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Geographic Mapping - Getting it to work again?

Serge Noiraud-2
Le 16/01/2018 à 05:26, Chris411 a écrit :

> Ok the full picture as I remember it ...
>
> My old version was a few steps back and had a"Category"... called maps or
> geography or something like that Below "Places"... Do you remember that? I
> simply clicked that bottom "Category"... it then opened to populate all my
> people's location (that i've filled with Lat and Long), on the "World Map"
> - then showed a "Pin" and If i moused over it ...I think it then showed
> "who's who". This or something like it is now gone??
>
> After my upgrade to the version above as stated... The NEW version at the
> time, showed several error messages related to the mapping/ Geographic
> component.
> Some have gone as ive tried to load the osmGpsMap from Synaptics and now I
> get
You need to install gir1.2-osmgpsmap-1.0
>
> Error
> OsmGpsMap - module not loaded...
> me (string of text, "see gramps info to see how to fix?)
This is why you have this error.

>
> Then
>
> Failed Loading View - The View Graph View did not load and reported and
> error.
>
> Then it starts ok .... but not sighted the maps in the Current version??
>
> Has there been a change in the way Gramps now links to any mapping module?
> Where do I look now and with the Errors is this affecting what I should
> see??
>
> Thanks

Serge



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Geographic Mapping - Getting it to work again?

Chris411
Hello Serge

gir1.2-osmgpsmap-1.0 is not in the Synaptic Package Manager (SPM) of
Linux 17.

The only file that is with "osmgpsmap" is Python-osmgpsmap and that's
loaded.

What do you suggest?

Thanks
Chris



--
Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Geographic Mapping - Getting it to work again?

Chris411
Yes sorry if that was unclear from what ive quoted above.

*Running Linux Mint 17
*GRAMPS: 4.2.4
*Python: 3.4.3 (default, Nov 28 2017, 16:41:13) [...

No one has advised if I will see that type of map again (Pin Map) either or
has this changed to a more direct google mapping thing?

Thanks




--
Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Geographic Mapping - Getting it to work again?

Chris411
Solved - Yah - Whew!

Thanks to Sam for recognising the probable issue -  the (No Show of
Geography) ... here is that link.

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Download#Linux_and_BSD_distributions

 -  link to instructions on the Linux Mint forum

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=220159

I think I just didn’t bother to view the Download page (In Gramps) simply
because i wasn’t concerned about getting geography back up and running until
recently with new data being found. So I apologise for my lack of diagnostic
process and thank you to everyone that responded to an old guy like me!

Chris





--
Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org