Getting Marriage in Right Location

keithwjones
Have imported a a gedcom with no problems.

Some marriages are showing correctly under Family. They display date in
charts view.

Some are not showing but display Family - 0 and then name of spouse.

Every time I add marriage details they go under Personal.

How do I get them in right location under Family.

I see this was asked back in 2010 but no exact answer given.

Keith

-----
GrampsAIO64-4.2.8-1 - Windows 10 64bit

GrampsAIO64-4.2.8-1 - Windows 10 64bit

Re: Getting Marriage in Right Location

Dave Scheipers
Welcome Keith

There are three ways.

In the Families view, selecting the family then the edit icon (or just
double clicking) opens the family to edit. Under the Events tab, you
add the marriage information.

I do most of my editing in the Relationships view.

Below the Active person, there will be the Families that they are a
parent. The screen will show the Families ID number and next to that
will be an Edit icon and then a Minus icon to remove the active person
from that family. Obviously, the edit icon opens the Family's edit
window.

The same edit options will show for the Parents of the active person.

All of the Icons at the top of the screen will affect the Active
person... Edit, Add Parents, Add to an existing family, Add a new
marriage for the Active person. The next icon allows for the sorting
of Parent families and Marriages if the Active person is a member of
more than one.

Additionally, there are Edit icons AFTER each person on the
Relationship screen and allows the person edit regardless of the
active person.

The third way, is in the person's edit window, double-clicking an
existing Family will open the family edit window.

See https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.2_Wiki_Manual_-_Categories#Relationships_Category

Hope this helps, Dave

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 12:18 PM, keithwjones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have imported a a gedcom with no problems.
>
> Some marriages are showing correctly under Family. They display date in
> charts view.
>
> Some are not showing but display Family - 0 and then name of spouse.
>
> Every time I add marriage details they go under Personal.
>
> How do I get them in right location under Family.
>
> I see this was asked back in 2010 but no exact answer given.
>
> Keith
>

> -----
> GrampsAIO64-4.2.8-1 - Windows 10 64bit
> --
> Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

Re: Getting Marriage in Right Location

keithwjones
Got there eventually.

>  How do I get marriage details in right location under Family.

Families > Select the line with father and mother, double click > Select
Events > Family - 0, + icon, add event > Enter details of date and location.

Keith

-----